3. Carnival Conquest
This is our 2nd 5 day cruise with Carnival, the first cruise was Great!! on the Fantasy, but this one.. emm not so much This particular cruise lacked a lot. The embarkation process was smooth and relatively fast, our rooms were ready early. The buffet on embarkation day was not good at all!!! The rooms were clean, the staff was nice, but the staff all over the boat would walk blindly past you without saying hello which felt a little odd compared to our past cruise. I was not a huge fan of the décor or this ship, it needs updating!! The entertainment on board was very limited, One group was really good, but there was not a lot of variety it was basically all the same music from the 3 entertainers on board. The activities from he cruise director were limited and she just was not enthusiastic or present enough. Very limited announcements to get the passengers engaged. One of the producers of the Epic Rock show was sick, so they changed things up to do it concert style which was horrible!!, the last night the producer was better and they put on the regular show and it was a lot better. The comedy show was just ok, Now... the waiters in the Casino were HORRIBLE!!!, Horrible on all 5 days!!! I earned enough points on the 1st day (1000) to get free drinks in the casino. My first drink, I waited 45 minutes to see a waiter, when I did place my order it took 45 minutes to get my drink, this happened constantly when I wanted a drink no one was around, so I just continued to play and waited till I saw someone, and then once order was placed, it took 30 - 45 minutes to get a drink. (THE CASINO WAS NOT PACKED) So in total I earned 4000 points, basically I earned the free drink card 4 times.. out of 5 days, I may have gotten 8 drinks free, because it just took so dang long to get a drink. & I tipped well, I would still give the server $2 I was so frustrated with the staff in the Casino on this cruise. I would just leave and go to the bar and PAY for a drink. The dinning experience was ok, the food was no where near as good as the food that I had on the previous cruise, but it was not bad by any means, it was just ok. The Staff in the dinning room were supper friendly and helpful, but SLOWWW, we had late dinning 8:15 and it was close to 10:30 every night before we got out of the dinning room.

Not exactly what I expected....

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by jayjoker2175

jayjoker2175’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A 1227
Apparently this room is above the Crew night club, because each night you could hear the BASS from the music playing down below. I brought a small fan with me, so it drowned out the noise, and it was not too bad, but without the fan, I would have easily heard the noise from down below and the hall way noise.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    Embarkation and Debarkation were smooth and relatively quick.
    View All 1,970 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Review
  • Stingray Swim
    Boat ride to stingray island took about 30 minutes. Guides gave some history of island etc... The tour guide captured the stingray and gently let you hold it, take pictures with them, all of the rays were very calm and friendly, they would swim right up to you, the ones we saw had very small barbs, and they did not look sharp as if they were cut or filed down, there were 100's of people at this location, so it was a bit crowded, but each tour stayed off to their own group, the water was waist deep, and so pretty and refreshing.
    View All 744 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Turtle Farm
    Took a small bus to the turtle farm, held the small turtles, saw the huge turtles and snorkeled in a very large canal with lots of fish and small and medium sized turtles. was only here for about an hour and a half, then we loaded up and went to a boat dock and took a boat out to stingray island,
    View All 307 Turtle Farm Reviews
  • River Tubing
    Tubing the river was a great excursion! We took a bus ride up some very narrow winding roads up the mountain, if you get car sick easily you may not want to do this excursion as the roads are winding and bumpy. The river was crystal clear and very cool and refreshing, the river was flowing so, you moved on at a good pace, the guides helping us down river were a lot of fun and very helpful.
    View All 72 River Tubing Reviews