• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

mek09
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: May 2017
Cabin: Balcony Premium

I am from the States, and I recently got married in Ireland. My husband and I were searching for a nice relaxing cruise to take us around the Mediterranean for our honeymoon. We picked Costa because it was stopping at Santorini and Dubrovnik, the top two places on our list.

After boarding the ship, we weren't sure where to go. There was no direction and they immediately took our passports away from us for "safe keeping." That made me nervous because if the ship left without us at port, we would have a much harder time getting back to the states. We got a balcony room and it was spacious and clean, and the ship had two pools and a nice spa. The places where we stopped were wonderful: Corfu, Mykonos, Santorini, Dubrovnik.

Other than that, I don't have anything positive to say. The food was mediocre at best. I was expecting hot breakfast, and different food stations throughout the day, but the only options were the buffet or sit down dinner, so if you missed the buffet there was no where to eat. Our waiter at the sit down dinner couldn't be bothered with us. There were days we sat there for 20 minutes before he walked over to say hello and take our order. The cruise may seem like a great deal until you board and realize that EVERYTHING costs extra. Pizza, ice cream at the pool, extra pool towels, even ping pong was extra. I've taken a cruise on Royal Caribbean and they go out of their way to make your vacation wonderful. I was expecting a similar experience, but instead felt like I was always annoying people when I would ask for a drink or had a question. Disappointed we used Costa for our honeymoon. Will never book with them again.

Balcony Premium