3. Carnival Pride
Where do I begin? My family and I have cruised four times previously, the most recent being Holland America to Alaska. Each cruise was on a different line and destination. We do have an idea what to expect, so anything less than those expectations and I would be letting you know my issues. I had some reservations about this cruise. The Carnival Pride sails right from Baltimore, and I live in the suburban metro area. I had heard lots of recommendations, but kept hearing this was a party ship. Pleasantly that was not the case. Not that you cannot have a good time, several of the bars have lively gatherings nightly, but I never saw or heard anything that suggested a party ship. Embarkation was a breeze. We arrived around 1:15, and we were on the ship by 1:45. We had a family member drop us off, and the port’s team unloaded our bags with a minute or two of the car stopping. We had two brief lines in the terminal. One for security screening and the other for ship registration. We were in line an average of 10 minutes per. The ship is about 16 years old and does show some normal wear and tear. Our balcony room was on the fourth floor, it was in line size wise and overall appearance with experiences on other cruise lines. One of the members of our family is vegan. Before we booked the trip, we talked with Carnival about dining options. They assured us they could accommodate her needs. Carnival did note her dining needs, so please let them know ahead of time. Each night at dinner, the waiter would bring out the next night’s menu, and she review the options and request one of the items on the menu that could adjusted. She was never disappointed. We went to the David’s steakhouse, and the chef whipped up a great dish for her. Overall the food was good. We eat at the Normandie dining room almost every night with the flexible seating. Guy’s burgers were great. The first two days, everybody wanted one of his burgers and the lines got long, by the third day, there was no line per say. The Blue iguana is very much like Chipotle or Quoda, that pleased the younger members of the family as well. They do have a pizza station that is open most of the day as well. The days at sea were great. You could leisurely lay pool side or join in any the various activities. There are not enough chairs pool side, and people tend to hog them by leaving towels and doing other things. I am not sure there is solution, as there cannot never be any many chairs as there are guests. Just be courteous and think about others. Grand Turk was good. We did the Catamaran Snorkel excursion. We did about 45 minutes of snorkeling and then retreated to isolated beach to wade in the water and drink rum punch before sailing back to the ship. The sail back was highlighted by Caribbean music, and the musically inclined guests dancing on the front of the boat. I can recommend this excursion. Half Moon Cay, has the most beautiful beach. It is lease by Carnival’s sister line, Holland America, and is well appointed. We did the Eco bike and hike. I am not sure this was a great decision. The island is so small, that there was not much to take in. We also did the stingray adventure and the was good, and the staff was great. You might consider just a day at the beach. Carnival provides a bar-b-q lunch in a nearby pavilion and there are wait staff on the beach serving drinks. They have chairs, umbrellas and cabanas available. Freeport was out next stop, and the ship docks in an industrial port. You need to take an excursion to see anything beyond the small port shops and bars. We did the all-inclusive beach, and that was fine. But the limited time in port limited our enjoyment. Debarkation was a little long. You must be out of your state room by 9:00 am and wait in one of several designate areas. Then groups are called depending on the deck you stayed on and if you are carrying off your baggage or not. Those choosing to check baggage are the in the last groups to be called. We were in one of the early groups and got of the ship by 10:30.

Great Cruise. I can see why many people are repeats

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by AlaskaBust

AlaskaBust’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

• Beach
    This was a good value, but the duration in port was too short to truly enjoy this all-inclusive beach.