3. Allure of the Seas
The Allure of the Seas is an amazing ship with an amazing crew. The service in the Main Dining Room by Wasana and Latoya was phenomenal. Mama Mia was outstanding! The Pearl Island snorkeling excursion was good, but one of our fellow cruisers had a medical emergency and I was required to step up and perform CPR (I'm an ICU Nurse). Unfortunately, the gentleman passed away, and it tainted the rest of the excursion. The Jeep/Beach Adventure in St. Thomas was UNSAFE! The guide was constantly shouting over the radio to get closer and run the light. We actually had a 3 vehicle accident on the excursion. No injuries or damage, but the tour operators could honestly care less. I was so shaken that I went straight to the Excursion desk upon returning to the ship. DON'T TAKE THAT EXCURSION!!!! The Island History/Rum Tasting excursion in St Kitts was outstanding. Doreen was our tour guide/Rum Queen and she was a RIOT! We were all laughing and having a good time even before the rum started flowing. Also, the Great House and Botanic Gardens where the tasting took place were beyond belief! The Photo Staff on the ship always takes such amazing photos. I actually purchased the digital downloads because I was afraid that if I purchased actual photographs that they would be damaged during travel. *TIP* If you are traveling in a group, one way to save money on pictures is to have them linked to ONE CABIN. That way you can purchase ALL of the pictures for around $250, and you can all chip in. (If there is a rule against this, I don't know. I did not ask about this on the ship, but the idea crossed my mind just a little too late...like when 2 friends in my group decided to purchase all of the pictures that had been taken.)

A wonderful yet interesting vacation.

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by GingerBear79

GingerBear79’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

As expected, the cabin was on the small side, but it was nicely appointed. We actually had to call 3 times to get them to separate the beds. I honestly never met our cabin steward...which is completely odd. Yes, he made the beds and emptied the trash and made sure we had clean towels, but it lacked the personal touches that I'm used to from Royal Caribbean. I did not tip above the amount included in my purchase price because he did not go above and beyond the basic duties of a steward.
  Allure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    The cruise terminal is HUGE!!! Largest one I've ever been in. It can seem confusing and daunting, but just remember, your floating paradise is just a gangway away!
    View All 1,921 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Review
  • Rum Tasting
    The Island Tour and Rum Tasting was so nice and relaxing. We drove through the city and heard about the history. Then we drove into the country to a beautiful Great House where we were greeted by Doreen, our tour guide and Rum Hostess. The site is STUNNING! The gardens and restored buildings are so picturesque. Doreen had us laughing and cutting up from the word go...even before the rum started flowing! I would recommend this excursion to anyone who just wants to have a leisurely excursion. Though I will say, those with mobility issues should probably not do this one. There are too many steps and uneven surfaces.
    View All 14 Rum Tasting Reviews
  • Jeep Tour
    What was supposed to be a relaxing drive through the city, up the mountain, and to the beach turned into both the Indy 500 and bumper cars. During our drive through the city, the tour guide in the lead jeep would constantly scream at us through the walkie talkies to "Stay close together! Don't let anyone in between you! Run the red light and keep going!" Because of the Kamikaze style driving, when a local car cut in front of the jeep that was 2 in front of me, they had to slam on their brakes...which, as you can probably guess, led to a chain reaction where I did not have enough time to stop so I rear ended the jeep directly infront of me, causing them to rear end the jeep infront of them. The tour guide heard the crash and literally said...without stopping his jeep "If no one is hurt and the jeeps are still running, catch up!" As soon as I got back on the ship, my traveling companion and I went straight to the Excursion desk to complain. They were very receptive and promised that the Excursion Management Team would be investigating the situation.
    View All 17 Jeep Tour Reviews