• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

River Princess Review

Editor Rating

First tick off my Bucket List - luxurious perfection all round!

Review for River Princess to Europe
Princess CJ
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2017
Cabin: Stateroom with French Balcony

After researching potential cruise companies for my first ever river cruise in Europe, I decided on Uniworld with its consistent annual award-winning history. I wanted a trip that covered all expenses, including accommodation, food, beverage, tours/excursions with options for the less physically able - I use a walking stick - and gratuities, as once I stepped on board, I wanted to be carefree and to simply enjoy myself.

Though my luxurious cabin and ensuite were compact, the bed was super comfortable, and there was abundant closet space with, surprisingly, plenty of clothes hangers :) As the French Balcony door slid open, I could enjoy fresh air, sunshine and constantly changing view from my cabin without heading up to the sun deck.

Everything on this floating hotel was 5 star - the friendly yet professional staff bent over backwards to meet our needs - no request was too difficult; chef and his team cooked and baked everything onboard; and the ship was spotless. Cudos to the heads of departments who pulled their staff together into a wonderful team on the River Princess. Cudos to the staff as they helped each other out, even across departments, and radiated boundless and positive energy everyday, despite working hard for extremely long hours.

Stateroom with French Balcony

Luxurious with quirky paintings. Compact but with heaps of closet & storage space and plentiful hangers, which you don't get in hotel rooms. Serviced daily with evening bed turndown. Luxury toiletries in bathroom and a jar full of chocolates and bottled water always there.

6 Helpful Votes