Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review
1,968 Reviews

Royal Caribbean robbed me of a great Haiti experience. That wasn't fair!

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Rooseveltsimil

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Central Park View Stateroom with Balcony

The crew was very nice and professional. However, restaurant crew didn't seem to be happy except in the paid restaurants. I was tired of getting the same act from the comedians night after night. They played the same routine at each performance. The food wasn't up to par. Breakfast was the same every day. The food in the dining area wasn't consistently good. The food was better at the restaurants where I had to pay for it. Is this by design for Royal Caribbean to make more money on passengers? I don't know but it appears that way.

I love Labadee because there was lot one can do inside but I was very disappointed that I couldn't go out on a tour to visit Haiti's historical treasures, La Citadelle de Laferriere, Le Palais Sans Soucis, other similar sites and more importantly, meet the locals. I can't say that I was in Haiti. The food served at Labaddee wasn't Haitian cuisine. Yes, it was was rice and peas and chicken but It was terrible. The season wasn't Hatian. There were no Haitian griot, taso, fried plantain, poisson gros sel, lambi or any Haitian specialty foods. I was in Haiti but Rum Barbancourt and Prestige beer the pride of Haiti were not served at Labadee. When it comes to Labadee, I strongly believe that Royal Caribbean could do better. Is there a will? I doubt it. I felt robbed of a great Haiti experience.

Rooseveltsimil's Full Rating Summary

Central Park View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin C2 12255

Samuel, my room attendant was excellent!. He kept my cabin cleaned to perfection.

Rooseveltsimil