3. Norwegian Escape
This was a cruise of firsts for us. We generally don't do suites, we don't go to much onboard entertainment/shows, we usually hang on the main deck quite a bit and we are generally not the most brand loyal cruisers (we're split pretty evenly between Carnival, RCCL and now NCL). Well, that all changed on this trip. I read that the NCL entertainment is pretty good - it isn't... it is amazing. We saw 4 different music shows and they were really, really good. The caliber of entertainment was top notch. Staying in the Haven, we were treated to front table seating at the dinner shows and preferred locations for the theatre shows. We had a package which included drinks and 3 specialty dinners... but honestly, the food in the Haven was fantastic - could have stayed there the entire trip without leaving. The lounges (with terry cloth/towel covers) were a huge step up, the public areas were never crowded. There were kids but they were good and certainly didn't detract at all from the experience. We got the chance to meet up with some folks from the roll call on Cruise Critic and it was very nice - we did a meet and greet, a pub crawl (well, 6-7 of the more stalwart drinkers did anyway!) and had a huge turnout for a slot pull event on the 2nd sea day. The only complaint I could possibly even come up with is the Jimmy Buffett bars weren't open long enough for me to get a Hot!Hot!Hot! (jalapeno) margarita when I wanted a couple of times. The Escape (Haven) was our favorite cruise experience yet - no real complaints about the ship, thought it was lovely. I am not sure I want to leave anything to chance again and cruise on any ship/class other than the Escape/Haven. This is the first time ever we felt an affinity towards a cruise line and a ship - always loved the cruise experience but this was something else entirely.

The Haven is amazing...

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H5 18708
Would be perfect for two... there were three of us in there and it felt a bit tight. The room was amazing.
Deck 18 Suite Cabins

• Atlantis Resort
    just a quick walk through because our time was so limited.
    View All 677 Atlantis Resort Reviews
  • Atlantis Resort
    We got to do ONE (yes 1!) round on the river rapids ride. Navigation wasn't easy being there only for a few hours and it wasn't intuitive on how to get from one place to the other.
    View All 677 Atlantis Resort Reviews
  • Dolphin Encounter
    NOT ENOUGH TIME for all we paid for... do one thing, that is about all the time you have. We didn't even wait for dolphin pics because the line was silly and we were running out of time.
    View All 136 Dolphin Encounter Reviews
  • Beach
    Did the Abi Beach break. It was nice, not a long ride from the boat and the staff were friendly and it wasn't a crowded location. It was a nice beach hang for the day.
  • Virgin Gorda
    Wish we had taken a boat to the Baths rather than the cruise ship version which was a boat to Virgin Gorda, a bus to the top of the cliffs, a hike down to the beach, then over to the Baths. The trip from the beach to the Baths was incredibly slow as there were people going the wrong way and people who had significant trouble navigating what isn't exactly a straightforward path through the rocks/cave and included going across some slippery as well as very steep areas. Doing so with both hands free wouldn't be bad but carrying bags/backpacks/etc makes it a challenge.
    View All 217 Virgin Gorda Reviews