3. Harmony of the Seas
There is something for everyone onboard Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas. I celebrated my birthday cruising at sea. My day began with a delightful breakfast buffet at the Windjammer Marketplace then I was off to the Spa and was greeted by welcoming staff for a wonderful massage and total relaxation followed by a free health and wellness presentation. The Vitality Spa services are endless. I then proceeded to the Royal Promenade for some shopping before a sumptuous lunch at the Solarium Bistro while taking in the fresh air and ocean views. I enjoyed the Let's Celebrate Parade of crew in flamboyant costumes depicting holidays and birthday celebration before spending the afternoon soaking and swimming in one of the many pools and enjoying the Sand Bar and pool volleyball. I took in the sights at the Sports Zone including the Flowrider, basketball and miniature golf. Onboard entertainment options are endless. I returned to my cabin and sipped on a glass of wine on my stateroom balcony overlooking Central Park while enjoying the sounds of Piano in the Park. That night was the Captain's Welcome Aboard Reception so it was time to get ready for my first formal night. I entered the Silk Dining Room where I indulged in a magnificent dinner and decadent desserts before enjoying two shows that evening. The Comedy Show was hilarious. The Attic is an intimate setting where both comedians shined. Then I proceeded to the Royal Theater for the musical performance of Grease which was exhilarating and very entertaining. The cast outdid themselves portraying the familiar characters and belting out the songs. Before returning to my cabin I tried my luck on the slot machines in the casino and enjoyed the sights and sounds of all that surrounded me. On my way back to my cabin I enjoyed a stroll throughout the ship and enjoyed the many displays of art. Once my head hit that pillow I was off for a restful night's sleep after a fun and relaxing day at sea. It was the ultimate birthday and that was only Day 2 of the cruise! There was so much more to look forward to. My 91 year old father, who was cruising with me, enjoyed the entertainment and shows immensely as well as the food venues. He met many passengers, enjoyed the many pools and strolling on the Pool and Sport Zone Deck observing children of all ages having fun and enjoying the water sports. People are always interested in hearing about his service in the US Navy in the Pacific during WWII. It's not uncommon for me to find him with people of all ages gathered around him. The accessible accommodations both aboard ship and ashore are outstanding. He was able to enjoy the many amenities without assistance. We went on two accessible excursions while in St Maarten and San Juan and enjoyed the beach and BBQ on Labadee. Our cruise director, Abe Hughes, was superb! He was entertaining, funny, informative and full of enthusiasm. Abe took the time to personally introduce himself when he noticed my father wearing his WWII cap. He extended an invitation to the Veteran's Get Together as the only WWII Veteran he believed was onboard the ship. He was genuinely interested in meeting my father and shared his grandfather's experience during WWII. As we entered the room we couldn't help but notice the Veterans of all generations. It was a humbling experience for me as Abe introduced my father and asked him to open the session. As my father spoke Abe and the other Veterans and passengers in the room listened intently and expressed their respect and gratitude to my father as a representative of all WWII Veterans both living and no longer with us. He was followed by other Veterans who were given the opportunity to introduce themselves and share their experiences. The room was filled with many Veterans representing all branches of service. The camaraderie in the room was moving. It was an emotional time for many and a much welcomed opportunity for the Veterans and their loved ones to partake in. It was surprising to see how the Veterans immediately bonded after meeting for the first time. We have been on many cruises before and this was the first time we witnessed veterans recognized and honored for their ultimate sacrifices while serving. We sincerely thank Royal Caribbean and Abe for this event. The crew's smiles and commitment onboard Harmony of the Seas are genuine and tell it all. The variety and numerous selection of excellent entertainment, shows and cuisine we experienced rivals no other at sea. The themed neighborhoods make for an exciting choice of venues for all ages. So whether your one year old or 91 years old cruising onboard RCL's Harmony of the Seas is an experience not to be missed. You will have the time of your life. We can't wait to go on another Royal Caribbean Cruise!

Amazing ship and amenities!

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Ahoy High Seas

Ahoy High Seas’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Cabin 10-297
We were upset with the lack of space in front of the beds for passage. My father's scooter couldn't go any further than just inside the cabin door. I completed and submitted numerous times the accessible paperwork and provided the dimensions of his scooter more than once. I emailed shorexaccess many times and was appalled at the lack of the shower bench and space for his scooter when we arrived in our room. I immediately went to Guest Services who couldn't remedy the situation. His scooter is the smallest 3-wheel scooter available and was taken on many cruises on ships and cabins much smaller than Harmony. Eventually we were offered an interior cabin with no window which my 91 year old father could not endure so we stayed in our cabin. We would not have been so upset about the accommodations if we had not provided the necessary details hen requested/required many times before the cruise. In addition our travel agent noted that we were celebrating my birthday on 6/4 and my father's anniversary/Father's Day; however there was no mention or acknowledgement of either. All and all we enjoyed our cruise and had an amazing experience.
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans