3. Jewel of the Seas
This was our first ever cruise and suited our needs perfectly. The room staff and restaurant staff were all very attentive, the room was as expected from the photos. Entertainment - 3 shows were excellent and the other two that I saw were very childish. The films shown in the cinema and on the cable TV were constantly repeated - altogether 2 adult films & 2 children's films for a 9 night cruise! for such a small outlay (and no staff needed) I think that there should be a different film each day! I counted 14 bars and areas to order a drink!! As someone who doesn't drink other than an occasional glass of wine I thought this was ridiculous- other entertainment venues or food areas could be put in some of the those spaces - We went on one ship excursion that went smoothly. The rest of the time I found private tours with small groups - that I arranged prior to leaving. All were satisfactory - www.sicilywithmario.com and www.RhodesPrivateTours.com I would highly recommend them both. They met us at the ship with a name placard and were very informative. Great service! Note - Do not buy in any pottery factories! The prices are far cheaper in the villages that you will visit. Food was plentiful and varied. We booked the soft drinks package for my husband but cancelled it the first day- the cola was a watered- down carbonated version of cola syrup and nothing like a bottle or can of coca cola. He refused to drink it & we were reimbursed no problem.

Satisfactory first cruise - Italy &Greek islands -9 nights from Rome

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by flaxim

flaxim’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas price drops

Unfortunately the re was resticted viewing- the staff on the bridge could see into our balcony! (and we could see into the bridge!). Other than that it was fine. A bit of a tight squeeze in the shower but I had expected that.
  Jewel of the Seas Deck Plans