3. Carnival Pride
Overall we had a wonderful time on the Pride. I truly don't have any negatives just observations on the ships maintenance, etc. We arrived in Baltimore on Saturday and met with our CC group at the aquarium at the Inner Harbor. Had a nice time and then we had tapas for lunch, which was new for me however it was enjoyable. We stayed at the Comfort Inn BWI which allowed us to park the car there for the week. Room and parking were $105 which was same cost to park at the port. On Sunday morning our shuttle options were 11 or 12:30 so we opted for the 11 since we had to check out anyway. Arrived at the port and luggage unloaded by 11:15. We waited in the VIP waiting area for about 10 minutes before being checked in, were taken to the main waiting area at 11:45 with our sign and sail cards. One gentleman in line after us complained that we just had seats in a roped off section of the port building instead of an actual private lounge. Didn't bother us though. We got on the ship at 1:15 and headed on up to the lido before the crowds got there. About 2:30 we checked on our cabin which was just being finished, our cabin steward let us wait on the balcony. We dropped off our carry on's and then went back to viewing the ship. Our cabin which was a category 11 (we got an upsell call about 7 weeks before sailing). Room was nice, plenty of room in the bathroom, loved the extra vanity area and closets. Our cabin steward did a wonderful job all week, he was very friendly, pleasant. As for the ships decor I actually found it enjoyable and thought the ship was really beautiful. Butterflies was pretty impressive, Beauties was different, Taj Mahal was really nice when it was all lit up. Only negatives I would have to comment on are some maintenance issues (observed mostly because my BF is in facility maintenance). The ship was pretty much clean, didn't really see any issues with that. However in the dining room they had way too many light bulbs blown out (we counted over 20 covering 3 tables). The candelabras had two different types of bulbs in the same fixture which just looked bad - not to mention they weren't even the right type of bulb for the fixture. Our vanity light fixture was cracked and broken at the top. Just not sure why they don't have extras to replace broken items that certainly should be able to be replaced. The ship would actually be beautiful and hard to believe that Carnival lets it get run down - certainly not the image Joe Farcus had in mind when the ship was built. We had dinner in the dining room each evening and at David's once. I didn't have any issues with food itself, however I would have liked to see more choices, especially with deserts. One desert I look forward to is the Creme Brule and it was disappointing. The top should have had a sugar coating and berries, it was pretty much like melted sugar that didn't harden and looked oily even. Our waiter even commented that he couldn't believe the berries were missing (one blueberry and a partial strawberry) and that he was not happy with the way it looked when he served them. Santos our head waiter was great, served our food quickly and everything that was supposed to be hot was. Never had anyone from the bar taking a drink order. The one time I did get something I ended up asking Santos and he got someone to take the order, but we didn't have anyone stop at our table and ask us directly. We ate breakfast in the dining room, eggs were cooked well, no issues there. Didn't encounter any rude crew members, every single person we passed always had a good morning, etc. Only time I had a small issue was at the lobby bar and it was martini day (or whatever they called it). I mentioned it would be nice if Carnival had some sort of menu or something to tell us what the different martini's are, etc but they don't. Woman behind the bar just didn't seem overly willing to answer any questions. We then went to the Casino bar which had a nice lady from Romania (Gabriela) and sat and spoke with her for a bit (Casino wasn't open as we were in port). She went through the different types of martini's and offered to make it and said if I didn't like she wouldn't charge me for it. She was wonderful, another day she was at the lobby bar during the Margarita Fiesta - they had a blackberry margarita which she made that was fantastic. Sure wish I had known they made them as I would have ordered it all week. She did mention to us that a new drink menu would be coming out on Sunday when we departed. She told me the names of a few of the new drinks which I will need to remember and order on the Dream. We saw Jazzin, I must say I am unimpressed with the style of their female vocalist and she really makes the show unenjoyable. She sang an entire song that I have no idea what the words even were. Didn't bother to see Vroom because of her. The ventriloquist was absolutely awesome, comedians were pretty good. We participated in a few of the trivia games, finally won a ship on a stick. Also did the digital scavenger hunt which was fun. We were going to go to Quest, but were just too tired to stay up for it. Overall we had a wonderful time, and would sail the ship again. It was great with Baltimore being close to home. I would like to try the other itinerary which would help us to see something a bit different. Would be wonderful if Carnival would however place a second ship from Baltimore just to give us choices.

My Review of the Pride