3. Crystal Symphony
I picked this cruise because it was a great deal for solo travelers, had lots of sea days (I love sea days - especially the lectures), and the itinerary. It did not disappoint. I reconnected with several fellow travelers from other Crystal cruises met many new enjoyable companions. The service, the activities, fellow travelers are all part of the reason that I love Crystal cruises and this one met all expectations. BTW I booked 2 more cruises while on board - one leaving August 3rd and the other in 2019. New York was special for me since I went to the 911 Memorial Museum to re-visit one of the worst days in my life - I was on an airplane that day and lost 5 business associates (4 in the airplane that hit the Pentagon and 1 in the airplane that hit the south tower. In Newport, I sailed on the Columbia, the 12 meter boat that won the America's Cup in 1958. It was a beautiful day for a sail. In Boston I walked the Freedom Trail - my last time was more than 50 years ago. I Bar Harbor, I ate Lobster. Halifax is one of my favorite ports, with great historical and archeological sites. It was rainy in Iceland but still interesting.

Another Great Crystal Cruise

Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by buzz_rosenberg1

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window (limited view)

In Boston I walked the Freedom Trail - my last time was more than 50 years ago.

I Bar Harbor, I ate Lobster.

It was rainy in Iceland but still interesting.
buzz_rosenberg1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crystal Symphony price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window (limited view)
Cabin E1 7090
The description says somewhat limited view but this room the view was not really limited. I don't use the veranda so I really like the E1 cabins with there mid-ship location. The only negative is that since it is on the Promenade deck, I needed to close the curtains before changing.
Horizon Deck Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins