• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Marco Polo Review

Editor Rating
16 Awards

An enjoyable cruise, no real complaints

Review for Marco Polo to Europe
trebor10
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2017
Cabin:

We picked this cruise from Cardiff as it was close to home and because of the ports of call and very few days at sea. This was a 10 night cruise visiting France, Spain and Portugal with a night stopover in Lisbon. Embarkation and disembarkation was quickly dealt with.

I was apprehensive about sailing on the Marco Polo as I had read a lot of bad reviews but overall was impressed by her even though she is an old ship in need of updating.This was our first cruise on Marco Polo and our 4th time with CMV.. I think she is just fine for short cruises and would not consider doing a long cruise on her.

Our cabin was clean with plenty of space and we had received an upgrade from our original booking. (only difference I could see was the fact we had 2 windows instead of 2 portholes and were 1 deck up) We had tea and coffee making facilities in the cabin.

Plenty of space, beds OK, tea and coffee making facilites 2 windows so nice and light

Port Reviews

La Rochelle-La Pallice

Very enjoyable took horse drawn carriage ride

9 Helpful Votes