Sirena Cruise Review

Sirena Cruise Review by mk960072

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

Days at sea were restful and wonderful. Food was bland and had little flavor. I found food on Riviera to be delicious last June. For example, the steak at Tuscan steakhouse was flavorful, like it was dry aged and came with gorngonzola butter. Steak on Sirena had very little flavor and no butter was offered. Food offered on buffet at dinner largely mimicked dining room food. If I don't like what's in the dinning room I want to go to buffet for additional options.

Room was a PH2 and was comfortable, 8006 on the port side. Butler was amazing but Joel the housekeeper we didn't see much of him. One night at 7:00 as we dressed for dinner, he knocked and mentioned there was a drawer needing fixing. It was news to me and I was surprised by his appearance and dismayed he pushed his way in with the handyman and proceeded to tell me the cabinet door was driving him crazy when cleaning in the room. Due to his impolite and inconvenient repair call, we had to stop preparing for dinner and thus it delayed us 30 minutes. Joel was terse and demanding when he said the door drove him crazy and needed to be fixed. He was reported to the head housekeeper and apologies made but what the heck! I never experienced behavior on Riviera. Joel then hung out around staterooms the night before we disembarked and the morning of, like he was scoping the situation out and making his presence known. This is appalling behavior. Further more, I was a few days into the cruise and asked for different scented lotions as they were advertised as being available. I left a note two nights in a row and never received any product or explanation. The morning of the third day the butler said they were working on it. Not another word was mentioned. I then said something in the mid cruise survey and Joel knocked on the door and mentioned my request and that I had said something about it in the survey. He then said to me That he had told me on the first day that if I needed anything yo call him, and I didn't notify him. He was stern with me in his tone. I said I had waited two nights upon leaving a note and the butler said it was being worked, so when I still hadn't received anything or any further word I decided to say something. And that I presumed the butler had shared the latest updates and requests with the entire team.

It is ridiculous that paying what I paid to stay in this level of stateroom that I had to ask numerous times and be talked to the way I was. I never mentioned that six days went by and no qtips were replaced in the bathroom. Not sure why the services were lacking as it appreared the staff were just in a hurry to d their job and go about their way. It's one thing to forget a day or two to replace items like this but that clearly wasn't the case here.

The staff were super reactive to the mid cruise complaints made so I commend them on this, at least my comments were taken seriously. However, the staff feel all over themselves to come see us in the restaurants and everyone referred to us by name when they had not talked to us previously. I wish input was looked at as constructive criticism and the staff didn't make my husband and I feel odd and made me wish I had never filled out the survey. Others I talked to who had done the mid cruise survey previously said they suffered the same treatment and would never complete one again. I now feel the same way.

I don't understand why certain exercise classes incur an $11 per class fee. Things like circuit trains and stretching and relaxing are free but yoga, Pilates, and spin are not. How about offering certain classes of staterooms free classes or x number for free and then a charge is accessed. He stretching class was a lot like a yoga class thankfully but for those who paid for yoga I felt bad fro them.

The spa is run by canyon ranch. The massage I had was $99 during the last four days of the cruise but was $135 normally. A great deal unless you paid full price earlier in the voyage. A point I would be upset about had I paid full price. Massage was good but not sure I would do it again.

Entertainment was not that great. Magician was good but get seats in front and not on the side as his props block your view of seeing his tricks. Comedians were okay, string quartet was wonderful, and production show performers were not good. It was as if they were trying to do something professional and it just wasn't at that level.

mk960072's Full Rating Summary

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH2 8006

Room is large, storage adequate, balcony large with two chairs, bathroom was remodeled but no tub. Bedding was very comfortable.

Tahiti (Papeete)

Port is okay but this was a second trip here so we had done one tour previously.

Huahine

Second time here and rented a car. Rose around island and ate a local lunch, went to pearl farm to pick up earrings to go with a necklace I had bought in 2014. Island time stops here and the folks are really nice. Not a lot to do on this beautiful island but it's just charming to me.

Scuba Diving

Diving was the best I have ever done. A must do, like swimming in an aquarium. A sea turtle swam right up to my face. I was three inches from his sweet face. The fishes do not seem to have a fear of people. Dove the Tuamotu Pass, and it was wonderful.

View All 4 Scuba Diving Reviews
Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour

Did not see any lava as we only drove to the main stop off the road. The island didn't offer much of interest in my opinion. It's a large island and go with a planned list of what to do.

View All 134 Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour Reviews
Maui

Rented a car and drove all around the island. Food was good and did drive to Hana, nice drive.

Diamond Head Crater

Drove around and this is a bustling city. I like the slower pace of French Polynesia myself. Go see the Arizona. A must do.

View All 25 Diamond Head Crater Reviews
USS Arizona

Obtained tickets on the government website.

View All 70 USS Arizona Reviews
Helicopter Tour

Rented a car and drove out to Napali Coast. Came back in town and took the helicopter tour, was worth the money! I recommend Majna Loa as they carry only two to three people. The other companies are fine but carry two next to the pilot and four in the back. Makes it cramped and more difficult to take in all the scenary as well as obtain good photos. Wear dark clothes when riding with doors on as it cuts down in reflection in photos.

View All 69 Helicopter Tour Reviews