3. Caribbean Princess
I chose this cruise for the same reason I always do, the itinerary. I thought the timing was really good too since I knew the ship was just coming out of dry dock in the Bahamas. Unfortunately, turned out they weren't there to do repairs from what I saw, and the ship really needed some TLC. I took my mother and my 4 yr old daughter. My little princess was really happy with the Kids Program, and so was I. She was one of about 5-10 kids on the ship, huge difference from being 1 of 3000 on the last cruise with Disney. The food was good, not great, but the service was really good throughout the ship and the crew was very friendly. The internet was the biggest rip-off I've ever seen while traveling. The speed was beyond slow, you pay for the service and use up all your minutes waiting for web pages to open and close. The entertainment was okay, but nothing special, and I suppose most everything being geared for the older folks would be appropriate for this particular cruise. Princess has a problem to fix with their dining though. The Anytime Dining works for food, but doesn't work at all for entertainment since everyone wants to see the first seating of the show. Good luck finding a seat unless you show up 45min early, or wait for the second show. That's why there were 1st and 2nd seating for dining and shows when I worked on these ship ages ago. I understood why the Captain never docked in Kirkwall due to wind, but I still wasn't happy since it's the fault of Princess Cruises, and I suppose the Port Authority as well, for not being prepared for these situations. All you needed was an available tug, hello? So, we didn't get to see that place, really glad I hadn't blown a bunch of $ in advance like I did for other ports. The other problem that is entirely Princess Cruises fault, is the disaster that was Edinburgh. Either fix this or don't stop here at all. We waited over 1.5 hours to get on a tender ashore, then discovered once we arrived on the dock that there are no shuttle buses, no cabs, and huge lines to get on either. What made it even worse, was the man operating the shuttle buses walking up and down the line telling everyone the people on the other side of the street waiting for the cabs are idiots and they'll never make it back to the ship, which included us. I went back across the street and asked someone who appeared to work/live in the area how far the train station was, and she said 20min walk, so we made the trek, finally made it into the city around noon, but had to catch the last train back at 3:40 (unless you live there and are a commuter). Got to spend a whopping 3 hours tops in the city, almost not worth the aggravation. Need to fix this port of call, make it a longer stop, or don't stop here at all. Big shout out to the Kids Program, you were all very nice and my daughter wanted to come there constantly. Our Cabin Steward was awesome, and they were all really friendly every time I walked by with a big smile and a hello. Photo Dept/Mgr was great, Food Waiters were great, just keep it up with the crew because it makes up for some of the other things that were lacking. Great Itinerary aside from missing a port and having one that was a disaster. John Age 49

Great Itinerary, needs improvement

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by JJ-n-JCB

Great Itinerary aside from missing a port and having one that was a disaster.

John

Age 49
PrincessCruises3, Social Team, Princess Cruises has responded
Hi JJ-n-JCB, thank you for your feedback from your Caribbean Princess voyage! We're so happy to hear that your little one enjoyed our Camp Discovery program. We hope to welcome your whole family onboard again soon!
JJ-n-JCB’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OC P245
Needs some TLC, might want to fix the lamp shade that's broken, but not too bad overall.
Plaza Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins