Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by BoonyPerth
- Sail Date: May 2017
- Destination: South Pacific
* value for money
* friendly and enthusiastic staff throughout the ship
* fantastic dining experience in the Empire Restaurant with good quality food, correct and friendly service and amazing entertainment by staff
* comfortable, well appointed cabin
* relaxing Serenity adults only area
* smooth embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursion processes
* good quality evening entertainment - not outstanding but pretty good as part of the overall experience.
* clean and well maintained public areas
* not only the acknowledgement of our special occasions by staff but the genuine joy in helping us celebrate
* the efforts to cater for children. There were a number of children on the cruise but as elderly guests we were able to avoid them
Really our only complaint was the expectation to pay for room service meals that were available free elsewhere on the ship.
In summary the Carnival Spirit is marketed as a "fun ship". This is exactly what you get in spades.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
SnorkelingSnorkelling in the national park was excellent but some more direction from cruise staff in getting there would have been appreciated.View All 10 Snorkeling Reviews
Mystery IslandAmazing place to snorkel and laze on the beach. Plenty of space to find a spot on the beach. The locals are really well set up to entertain and inform cruise guests. Such a clean and well kept piece of paradise.View All 224 Mystery Island Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Mystery Island Cruise Port Review
NoumeaTook free shuttle from the ship to the Visitor Centre from where heaps of tours available - all much cheaper than available from the ship. Went for walk into the city - so much graffiti and litter. Purchased hop on / hop off bus ticket for $12 and saw a bit more of the city. Some pretty coastline but not that impressed with what we saw of the mainland. Bought some duty free alcohol from Marlene opposite the Visitor Centre - much better price than onboard and they deliver to the ship.View All 365 Noumea Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Noumea Cruise Port Review
Sydney (Australia)Great port to depart Australia with stunning views and lights from the shipView All 658 Sydney (Australia) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Sydney (Australia) Cruise Port Review