3. Disney Dream
I had this Disney Dream Cruise booked for almost 2 years out, and when it finally came we were very excited!! We did a 5 day cruise out of Port Canaveral and had a Deluxe Inside Stateroom (10A). Now, take to note, we have done 6 Carnival Cruises and we have done 1 Royal Caribbean Cruise and we had heard so much about how Disney is the Best so finally we had to give it a try. Plus, our daughter was at the right age to go so she could remember it! (8 years old). We stayed at a local hotel at Cocoa Beach and were shuttled in to the port. That was a breeze. Checking in was a breeze, no wait at all! We were able to register our daughter (8 years old) for the youth activities in the port area before boarding. That was neat!! Mickey and Minnie were in the port area also but that line was very long and we knew that there would be plenty of opportunities for pictures with them later. We were welcomed on the ship with the crew announcing our family and clapping! The Disney Dream is a very pretty ship I have to say that!! We found our way around pretty easily! Our Cabin, #9079 was prefect for us, a family of 3. We had the port hole in our room which showed us the view of the outside and sometimes characters would pop up on the screen and do different things. That was for sure worth staying in the interior room! The room had a King sized bed, 2 night stands and then the little curtain to pull across to separate the other side. Liked that! There was a TV which moved but wasn't at a good angle for all to see so our daughter watched TV most of the time. There was bunk beds in our room and our daughter choose to sleep in the top part. She loved that! Each night it was put up, and each night pulled back down for her. During the day it was a couch on the bottom part. There was plenty of storage in our room. Our daughter loved the chest to put her own personal things in. It was neat to have 2 bathroom areas. But the lights were in the middle and that made it hard each time to have to reach each time to turn them on. We didn't like that part. Our bathroom had a sour smell and, our tub wouldn't drain. I did tell our room service guy he sent someone to fix it while we were trying to get ready for a show, well we missed the show because they were in our room and we couldn't get ready. But the shower started draining good but we still had the sour smell the whole cruise. I would suggest a Deluxe Inside Stateroom, they are very nice on the Disney Dream! We liked that we Dined in different areas each night. That was for sure neat!! Now, the foods I have to say I like them better on Carnival. The service the 1st night was awful! Our drinks went empty and sat there forever and we finally had to "ask" to get refills! We did tell them that the service was uncalled for, and the 2nd night they corrected themselves and made up for it the rest of the dinners each night. Now, the foods were good but this is just my personal opinion and being on other cruises I have something to compare it to. We only went to 1 show and it was Magnificent! Disney is at their best on this part!! They did offer a lot of activities for the youth in the Ocean Club. Our daughter only went 1 time and that was to the Stitch Party. She loved that! The pools on the ship: they both are very, very small! I loved that they had life guards on duty at all times and that the pools were open very late at nights. The Aqua Duck was Very Fun! We did it during the day and at nights. Both were very fun! I noticed that the staff on Disney cater to the kids! Us, adults kind'a get put on the back burner, that's okay because I understand it's about the kids for Disney. There are a lot of Adult Areas on the ship. I'd love for me and my husband to go on an alone Disney Cruise so we could try out those areas for a good length of time! We ported at Nassau and then at Castaway Cay. We did not even get off the ship in Nassau because we have been there many of times and we do not like that port. It is nasty and the people there are pushy! So, we stayed on the ship and enjoyed all it had to offer! Especially for the money we paid to do this cruise! Now, we did get off at Castaway Cay!! Wow!! What an amazing island that Disney bought! This made the cruise totally worth going! This island is a beauty to see!! We rented bikes and rode them around the island on the flat, smooth, paved path. There was water drink stops along the way. Very Cold Water to drink!! We loved stopping at the Tower for an amazing view!! I recommend doing the bike ride!! We also enjoyed the water slides out in the ocean, and our beach time here!! The characters were everywhere here! We loved that!! Got some great pictures with them! Oh, and they had a dance party with them too!! We did do some shopping before getting back on the ship. The characters on the ship walk around everywhere during the days if you are near the Atrium area. We ran into a lot of them just out taking a stroll. We have been to Walt Disney World before and stood in the hot sun for hours to get a picture with characters before and I can tell you that a Disney Cruise is the way to go for the character experience!! Hardly no lines at all, and not in the hot sun!!! I bet we got our picture made with over 20 characters and got their autographs too! So, Yes!! A Disney Cruise was worth the experience for our daughter to see all the characters and she was at the age to where she would remember it!!!! Debarkation was the easiest I've EVER experienced on any cruise!! I have to give Disney a Huge A+ on this!!!! Very Easy, Calm; just exit when you want! I know that all cruises have their ups and downs but I honestly thought that I wouldn't have to complain or say anything negative about a Disney Cruise, but I did. For the price we paid and booked it so far out I thought it would have been a better experience all around, but it wasn't. I think that Carnival and Royal Caribbean is just as good as Disney it's just that Disney has their own private Castaway Cay Island and they have the characters. Yes, it was worth it for us to see and hear the excitement of our daughter on this cruise. Would we book it and go again? I'm not so sure. Maybe in years to come just to go back to Castaway Cay! Would I recommend it to others? Yes, but I'd say experience other cruise lines too, they are just as good and not so expensive. But, if you have a child I'd suggest go when they are old enough so that they will remember it for the price you pay!!!

A good cruise BUT go on others, they are just as good - minus characters!

Disney Dream Cruise Review by pinksugar

Ages 7 to 9
Get Disney Dream price drops

Deluxe Inside Stateroom
Cabin 10A 9079
Cabin 9079 was a good cabin. It was just big enough for us, a family of 3. We liked the port hole so that we could see outside and then every now and then a character would go across the screen. There was a King sized bed with 2 night stands. There was a couch and above it was a pull down bed for our daughter to sleep each night. It was put up each morning and pulled down each night. There was plenty of storage areas! Even under the bed!! Our daughter loved the storage chest, she used it for her personal things. We liked that it had the pull curtain to separate our bed from the other part of the room. The TV moved, but was only watchable for our daughter because of the layout of the room. There was 2 bathroom areas. This was neat. We didn't like where the light switch was for them tho. Our room was kept clean the whole stay and that's a huge plus for us!! The King Bed was Very Comfortable and we loved the silky sheets!! We slept great each night without any noises!!
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins