Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review

Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by Fireonice

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Suite

It's my first trip with Regent, it will be my last.

1. Quality of customer service over the phone was inconsistent. Some are helpful, other sounded like they could not care less. Most of the agent gave you short answers, and you had to asked them to clarify. I believe the company either did not pay their agent well or trained them well, so those who answered the phone are not enthusiastic to serve the customers. They just do they job to earn minimum wage.

2. Onshore excursion were not all FREE. The more interesting ones are at least $199 or more per person. They also cancelled the activities several times, even right after we are on board, making it hard to re-book. It also caused long lines at the service desk, and long waiting time before activities are confirmed. Also, there were several activities (in Cuba) that they failed to list age restrictions. We were told one night right at the check-in that my 15 year old was "too young" for the activities we already have tickets and book 2 months ago.

They are so disorganized!!!

3. At end of the cruise, they promise to credit my balance back to my credit card. It hasn't happened yet after two months.

4. I do have to say most staff on the cruise ship were friendly, but some are very GREEN. You can tell they were just newly hired and not up to the tasks, and not trained well.

5. Mariner was an old fleet and the cabin are tiresome looking and furnishing are outdated.

6. Service at their specialty restaurant and PrimeRose are soooo slow! Dinner always takes more than 2 hours to finish.

Fireonice's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Suite
Cabin F 947

Our Cabin was quiet and clean. Staff who attend to our cabin were marvelous. They are both friendly and cheerful.

Fireonice