Found all the ports interesting and accessible from the ship. Cartagena a small city was beautiful and interesting to stroll through right off the ship. Ditto Cadiz. Malaga was breathtaking. We took five excursions with Oceania -- all interesting and well-organized. Honfleur was wonderful to stroll through. We took a specialized private tour with Overlordtour to the Canadian D-day landing sites, museum and cemetery. Well worth it. I love the libraries on the Marina and the Riviera -- extensive book selection, gorgeous leather armchairs and proximity to the Illy cafe with madeleines and cappuccinos. The food is to die for, not just in the specialty restaurants but all through the ship. After dinner, we often went to the piano bar to listen to the talented Valentina. On both cruises I have taken to date with Oceania I have taken a culinary class. You certainly pick up skills and enjoy a gourmet meal that you have cooked. This time I spent some time in the gym -- it has everything plus a view. Oceania in my view has achieved perfection for its guests. If you want to party every night or have small children, it is not the solution, but if you are 50+ foodies who want to travel in style, hard to imagine anything better.

Mediterranean Sun and Atlantic Breezes: Barcelona to Southampton

Marina Cruise Review by Kirochka

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Verandah Stateroom

This time I spent some time in the gym -- it has everything plus a view.

Kirochka’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin B1 8039
The B deck verandah staterooms in my view have every amenity and luxury a reasonable cruiser could require. Beautiful marble bathroom with both shower and deep tub and room to store your toiletries for he length of the cruise. Fluffy bathrobes and tons of towels. Desk and sofa. Beautiful bed. Lots of lighting, and a teak floored balcony to watch the coastline pass by and the ports come into view.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins