AmaStella Cruise Review

Exceeded My Expectations.......again!

AmaStella Cruise Review by skantownsharon

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Europe River

In March of 2016 I wrote a review about my experiences cruising on the Mekong River with AMA Waterways titled "Exceeded My Expectations". After booking the Melodies Of The Danube, a AAA of Western and Central New York Members Appreciation Trip, I became worried that this trip couldn't possibly live up to my previous experience. I shouldn't have worried! When, as our bus was getting ready to pull away on our first tour in Budapest, I heard our Tour Director Edward quietly say to our Tour Guide "have fun" I knew we were in good hands. From that first experience in Budapest until we were dropped off at the airport in Prague our every need was met with top notch service and professionalism. The Crew, The Tour Director Edward, The Captain, the Ship, the food, the level of service, the Guides, the scenery, the itinerary, the laughs and the friendships formed all exceeded my expectations.

The Danube may not be Blue but the scenery is beautiful. The evening Illumination cruise of Budapest was breathtaking. Every town was charming, each castle and church was prettier and more awe inspiring than the next. The rainbow over our ship when we came out of Castle Grein was pretty special too. I'm still not sure how Edward managed that!

Please be aware that this is not a restful vacation. You are on the go morning to night. There is a lot of walking, mostly on cobblestone streets. AMA does provide a Gentle Walkers options and you can choose to stay behind on the ship but there is a lot to see and do on this trip.

I can't wait for my next adventure with AMA Waterways!

skantownsharon's Full Rating Summary

Our cabin was lovely. Bright and cheery. More than adequate. Spotless. Beautiful maintained everyday and evening.

skantownsharon