Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review
2,315 Reviews

Poor service and poorly maintained ship

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by jamesie116610

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

I usually feel the product delivered by RCI to be consistent and usually above average.I found one member of staff on this ship who actually smiled and engaged with me. Most members of staff, especially the bar staff, seemed miserable and lacking in any desire to serve. Usually I look forward to dinner in the main dining room but our waitress was so grumpy I felt like I was an inconvenience to her. I appreciate this ship is one of the older vessels and that it does not make financial sense to invest money in it now but there were obvious signs (literally the metropolis theatre sign was missing two letters) that this ship needed some attention. Bad smells, poor air conditioning in our room, wardrobe door hanging off. I am sure you are aware that some of the older ships do not get the investment that the newer ones do and I also see that that is reflected in the price but it felt at times that the basics were missing. I had such a wonderful time on the independence last october and that is also one of the older vessels so I know that it can be achieved. The good time I had on that ship was largely down to the wonderful staff we had ( CD Jamie fentiman and AM katy McCullagh were exceptional) I felt the CD on the navigator cuddy cuddleson and his activities manager mark? were not up to the standard I have experienced before such as the aforementioned jamie fentiman and also joff eaton who is always exceptional. I also had a CD called Mercedes a few years ago and she was wonderful as well. I really could go on and on about all the things on the Navigator that I feel are substandard but I really do not have the time, I love RCI and will continue to cruise with them but I feel I will avoid the older ships as I don't think the effort is put in there.

jamesie116610's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E3 9323

air conditioning was poor, we complained, they said they fixed it, but there was no change. The wardrobe door was falling off, they did fix that. The cabin steward spoke to me once on the first day to tell me his hours of work with a big hint that we should get out of the cabin as early as possible so he can get in and make it up. I literally felt that I was putting him out of his way.

jamesie116610