3. American Constellation
I took a group for a Chesapeake Bay cruise May 13th, 2017. From start to finish, the cruise was terrific. This was the second cruise for the new vessel. The décor is wonderful. There are two elevators that you would find in the finest hotels. Whoever designed the ship did a great job. The beautiful designs of the carpeting were different on each floor. My room was on main deck not far from the restaurant and easy for debarking the ship for tours. The window was large enough to enjoy the views of sights along the itinerary. I looked at a balcony room of one of my group members. The balcony has now been made larger than their previous ACL vessels. I found the room to be well-lit. Bathroom is large with an enclosed shower. Large drawers in the sink vanity. Hot water was plentiful. Telephones are in each room as well as a large "red" button on the wall for emergency situations. There is now WiFi throughout the vessel however, as expected there were areas along the itinerary that Internet was spotty. American Cruise Lines is working to correct this. The desk has plenty of drawers as well as a desk lamp. If you like a lot of storage in your stateroom, you sure will have it...along with a nice size closet. Cuisine was typical of the area...delicious seafood dishes as well as chicken, pork and beef menu items. There was also lovely salads and soups. I must say that my group members feel the way I do. We all loved our meals...breakfast, lunch and dinner. I would have liked a little more entertainment however, the lectures were very interesting. The cruise directors were very pleasant and added to the fun of the cruise, like Bingo. For card players, there are many lounges with tables. I along with friends, enjoyed playing games in the beautiful Sky Lounge. Everyone loves the peach decor with white wicker chairs and glass-topped tables. Also, I was surprised to see out on the Sky Deck, stuffed lovely blue couches to relax in. There are several areas to be comfortable outdoors plus there is a covered area to get our of the sun or rain. There is an indoor fitness area. Since I am healing from a broken leg, I needed assistance getting on and off the vessel. That was not a problem. The deckhands and mates were so helpful. There are separate housekeeping and dining staffs. Everyone greets you with a smile and a "hello". I wanted to hug each and everyone of them. Front desk staff is very friendly and truly aims to please. The tours were well-handled. Even though the cruise was only 6 nights, there were many ports. The 1/1/2 hour ferry to Tangier Island was well worth it. If you take this cruise, I would highly recommend this tour. There are no cars on the island. A delicious family-style lunch is included. My group enjoyed tours in Yorktown/Williamsburg and Annapolis as well as other ports. Embarkation and debarkation was smooth. The Constellation will be sailing to the Northwest in the future. Her sister ship, The American Constitution is under construction. I have taken groups on all of their vessels and on everyone of their itineraries including the beautiful Pearl Mist.

Absolutely Loved the Ship

American Constellation Cruise Review by loverofrivers

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: USA

There is an indoor fitness area.

Front desk staff is very friendly and truly aims to please.

Embarkation and debarkation was smooth.

loverofrivers’s Full Rating Summary