• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Fun4sure
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2017
Cabin:

This is our ninth cruise, 8 on Princess and 1 on Holland America. My husband and I cruise with my brother and his wife, we're in our 60's. We decided on this cruise because it anchors for Panama city(Fuerte Amador).

We stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites Airport/ Cruiseport South in Hollywood, FL. It's a nice hotel, nothing fancy but clean and a good price with a free shuttle and breakfast.

Embarkation was quick and efficient. Our cabin was D727, one of the newer cabins aft. It was listed obstructed view, but we had a great view. The window faces starboard, but since it's all the way aft the view is out the back also. My brother said our shower was bigger than his room,E732. The sink and faucet are contemporary, very nice. The bed was very comfortable. My husband was slightly bothered by the engine, but it didn't bother me.

Port Reviews

Cartagena (Colombia)

We walked around the dock in the shops and saw a lot of gorgeous birds, peacocks, and monkeys.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

We rented a car & drove to Key West and had a wonderful time. We tried Conch fritters at Caroline's, really good. Very nice people there.

Fuerte Amador (Balboa)

We did Panama's Rainforest Aerial Tram through the ship. Beautiful!!!! We saw Toucans, Howler monkeys with baby, sloths, orchid area, green frog area, & butterflies. Stopped at Gamboa Resort for punch. This tour was $30 cheaper than the one in Costa Rica and people told us they didn't see what we saw.

Los Angeles

walked around a mall downtown Long Beach

San Francisco

walked to the wharf and took a cable car around the town

Victoria

We took a shuttle to town and walked around town, went to Chinatown to Fan Tan Alley, the narrowest street in Canada, it has shops.

Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera)