3. Norwegian Epic
My adult daughter and I were meeting up in Barcelona & decided to go on a cruise. I'd decided on The Haven suites, probably a 1 BR, but I ended up getting an amazing price on a 2 BR suite - cheaper than the 1 BR! Cabin was unbelievably spacious and had the most storage space I've ever seen. Cabin technically sleeps 6, & that might be a tad crowded if they're all adults, but for 2-4 it's fabulous. The concierge & butler were lovely & very helpful, but we didn't require much from them. Given there are possibly 4100 people on the ship (not including staff), it was nice to have our own restaurant, pool, hot tub, deck chairs & even gym & spa. The ship is gorgeous & enormous, more than enough to do at any time. I didn't even see all of it. The cruise itself was great, terrific ports of call. We took NCL shore excursions (get a discount because we're Latitudes Gold). As they've always been, the guides were knowledgeable, interested, enthusiastic & loved helping us to learn about life in their area. Highlights included climbing up some of Mt. Vesuvius & having amazing true Neopolitan pizza (best I've ever had) as well as going to some lovely medieval hill towns in Italy & France. Rome is always crazy, but the president was there that day, so it was particularly zooey & rushed. In retrospect I'd have skipped it, but my daughter hadn't ever been & wanted to see it. Food is good, particularly in the specialty restaurants. The main dining rooms are "good," not great, but the Haven restaurant & the specialty ones were terrific. The staff is fabulous! They are clearly interested in passengers & really strive to make sure you have a great time, without overdoing it or being "rah rah." I've found this to be the case on every NCL cruise I've been on - much better staff than those I've seen on Celebrity. All in all, it was a terrific cruise, & I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Super cabin, super service, super facilities, super cruise!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by WallabyGal

All in all, it was a terrific cruise, & I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
WallabyGal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Courtyard Villa with Balcony
Cabin H4 16014
Gorgeous! Spacious, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. The 2nd bedroom is smallish, but fine for 1-2 people, & it's nice that they have their own bathroom too. There was a huge soaking tub & a large shower with 6 jets, a rain shower & a handheld shower. Both the tub & shower have large windows so you can bathe & shower & watch the world go by. An amazing amount of storage space!! We used maybe 1/4-1/3 of what was available - every nook & cranny seemed to be able to store something. Nice to have a fridge & complete bar service. Plus the concierge & butler were terrific, a nice luxury!
Deck 17 Suite Cabins

• Barcelona
    Fabulous food! The Barcelona Museum is amazing - you walk thru Roman ruins. Good explanations in English (not true of all museums in Spain). The Sagrada Familia is a must, but get tickets online well in advance. Going up the towers is worth it. The audio guided tour is great. Lovely city!
    View All 2,290 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
  • Nice Walking Tour
    It was fun, but I could have skipped Eze at the end. Guide knew her stuff, Nice is lovely, but a bit rushed, & mostly poking around the lovely market. Unfortunately I could make a better salade nicoise than the one I had in the guide-recommended restaurant.
    View All 21 Nice Walking Tour Reviews
  • San Gimignano
    A highlight of the cruise! San Gimingnano is charming, a hill town tucked away in Tuscany with 14 unusual large towers (thinking is they were owned by wealthy inhabitants & "the bigger the better"). Loved the town, but even better was the lunch we had at San Donato, an organic farm nearby. They grow their own grapes, olives, almonds, herbs, etc. all organic. Best chianti I've ever had! Incredible food & warm friendly hosts who clearly love what they do & love to entertain.
    View All 29 San Gimignano Reviews
  • Mt. Vesuvius
    Walking up Vesuvius was a highlight of the cruise! It's a very steep climb, so be prepared. In addition, it's a bit like walking on sand, as the path is gravel from lava. But seeing the inside of the volcano, with some steam seeping out is extraordinary, as are the views!
    View All 57 Mt. Vesuvius Reviews
  • Pompeii Walking Tour
    Pompeii is amazing, it goes without saying. We also had a Neopolitan pizza (guide pointed out a great small old restaurant at the entrance to Pompeii), fabulous! Nothing like it. Excellent tour.
    View All 471 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
  • Wine Tasting
    This was a truly pleasant surprise! We didn't expect the wines to be outstanding, but they were, as well as the other products they sold (liquid flor de sel with herbs, yummy!). I only wish those wines were available here. Lovely port, terrific tour!
    View All 21 Wine Tasting Reviews
  • Colosseum
    Rome is crazy! The president was there the same day we were so everything was rushed, there were crowds and tremendous security everywhere. The ruins of & near the Colosseum are amazing, but we had so little time anywhere that it detracted from it. My daughter had never been to Rome so wanted to go, but I suggest going to Tarquinia instead (fascinating Etruscan graves & museum) & spending more time in Rome on your own.
    View All 177 Colosseum Reviews
  • St. Peter's Square
    The president was there so we were lucky to get into St. Peter's at all. It was awe-inspiring but it was very rushed, & also being a Wednesday, there were crowds to see the Pope (which we didn't).
    View All 80 St. Peter's Square Reviews