3. Viking Vili
Started in Amsterdam pre boarding and enjoyed the city on our own. We had heard so much positive information about Viking and this tour that we anticipated a wonderful experience. The biggest disappointment was the dining room and the food. Service for all guests at same time (7:00) took over two hours. The room was so incredibly noisy I found myself yelling to be heard. I would think that anyone with hearing issues or aids would find this room to be uncomfortable and impossible to carry a conversation. The staff mentioned that the portions were small because people had complained about too much food being served. Well, there is a difference between small portions and tiny. I realize you can request more food, but after tasting the offerings I was not interested in more of the same. Finally started asking for vegetables. If any were served on the entrée, a few carrots, half a stick of asparagus. Extra veggies consisted of a bowl of carrots, no seasoning with maybe a few peas. I gave up and ate bread and ice cream, which was quite good. The fruit plates I though would be a savior. Not to be. No variety. One fruit per plate, a bunch of grapes, an apple, a pear sliced. I reviewed your recipes on line and wonder what ship those dinners are served on, certainly not on the Vili. Toward the end of the trip we started using the outside sundeck area where a limited selection of food was available and usually cold. The majority of food was over-cooked, inedible and frankly terrible.

Happy to leave this ship

Viking Vili Cruise Review by 100goldens

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

The majority of food was over-cooked, inedible and frankly terrible.
100goldens’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Vili price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 209
The room was excellent, We were concerned that it would be too small for two women traveling and needing twin beds. However, there was plenty of storage and the bathroom area was well laid out. Service to the room very good.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins