3. Norwegian Spirit
I've cruised on another Norwegian ship as I love Italy and the Mediterranean and this cruise took me to places I hadn't visited. The price was right too. We landed in Rome the day before and spent some time on the hop on hop off buses. It's a great way to get an overview of a place.the hotel we stayed at was close to the train station so all was well. the embarkation process was simple and my room with a balcony was nice and bright and very quiet. I can't say enough about the crew, they work hard and are amazingly polite and helpful. I thought the food was fine and some entrees were positively fabulous . Generally we had breakfast at the buffet and dinner at a restaurant as the buffet can be a bit of a cattle call.i was a little underwhelmed at the entertainment tho some of it just wasn't my cup of tea.You also have the choice to not go. We did excursions in all ports and the were all really informative and spoke good English,however one tour guide was outstanding and that was a tour we took in Sicily - FABULOUS. Sicily by Mario it is not a tour off the boat (www. sicily by mario.com) we did "The Godfather Tour" we were picked up at the dock and whisked away to our destination .Our guide was Ignazio Astone and he was great, spoke really good English was charming and knew his stuff as he had been born in Messina and still lives there. our tour was altered because of the G7 Summit so we could not go to Taormina after Savoca and Forza da Agro but Ignazio gave us an in-depth look at Messina. Great time I highly recommend tours by Mario,(reasonable too)

Good time had by all!

elliegoes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Balcony
Cabin BX 10152
I really liked that the walls were white as it made the cabin seem bigger and airier.The bathroom was fine as well as storage space.It was a little odd that the safe was on the floor in the closet and to get into it ,you had to sit on the floor in front of the bathroom door! I was okay with it as I still can get on the floor but I can see that this could cause problems for some. the bed was fine and the furnishings were complmentary.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins