3. Caribbean Princess
After my experience with Princess Cruise line Customer Service, I have decided not to do cruises anymore. I booked this cruise to see Kirkwall in the Orkney Islands. They decided to not to dock there, and the Captains, 'oh well, we'll just have another lovely day at sea.' I took it up with Princess on board, and then after making a formal complaint after I got home, I got a call from someone who just didn't care that I'd spent so much money to fly to London, and get the cruise. Princess Customer Service is NO service. On this ship there are very little places to sit and read or play games, and their rating of "easy, moderate or strenuous " for the excursions are incorrect. I'm an unhappy Cruise passenger, and I won't return to Princess; and frankly I'm no longer inclined to Cruises. I've been on Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian Cruise Lines. I'd rather go somewhere and get a private guide, or take tours. Princess does not allow enough time in ports. The cabin was inadequate, the dining was OK, but not great. The Entertainment was sad. The service from staff, our room attendant, and waitstaff was fine, but the ship officers were not helpful. The Ports in Ireland are lacking, and the ships have so many people to run thru each main attraction, that you are shorted on what you go to see. I loved Scotland, and I plan to go back there on my own to see Kirkwall and other neolithic sites. The ships overview and information on what is available at each port is inadequate. We hired a private chauffeur to drive us to see things and were much happier than taking ship excursions. If you love sitting on a ship, then cruising is for you. If you want to experience the actual port, then I would suggest travel without cruising.

Missed the port I most wanted to see, Kirkwall