3. Independence of the Seas
Having travelled on RCI ships before, I was looking forward to this cruise. Biggest issues for me were the following: - poor food - really awful - poor quality and often cold - reminded me of hospital food - crowded - found the ship very crowded, had to queue for absolutely everything. - service - apart from the cabin attendants, I found most of the staff curt and unhelpful. - embarkation - in Southampton - slow, inefficient and unappealing. The food in the dining rooms in the evening was often cold and had to be sent back. I had been on a RCI cruise around the Caribbean a few years before and found the food superb - maybe this was because we were coming out of Miami rather than Southampton. It felt as if we were being rationed. Overall, really poor experience and not one I shall repeat with Royal Caribbean.

Wouldn't go again with RCI

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by kimberleycottage

Having travelled on RCI ships before, I was looking forward to this cruise.

Biggest issues for me were the following:

- embarkation - in Southampton - slow, inefficient and unappealing.

kimberleycottage’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

Could do with a refit - TV didn't work properly throughout the cruise
  Independence of the Seas Deck Plans