3. Freedom of the Seas
We travelled from Canada to Spain for a wedding and decided to extend our vacation and see more of Europe. With the price of the flights we felt we should see more of Spain. We were in Logrono for a beautiful Wedding at a wonderful Vineyard. Then to Madrid and Barcelona for 6 days before cruising France and Italy. Cruising was the best way to see France and Italy. Five ports, 2 in France and 3 in Italy. Amazing ports. You must do excursions at these ports, the places were amazing. This was my first time in Europe , hopefully not my last. We had a balcony and we really enjoyed sitting out there with our tea and coffee in the morning and when we came back from our tours. Our room was always clean and tidy when we returned and after dinner our room was tidy and the beds turned down. I wish I had better pillows. They were too flat. The dining room was lovely. We had awesome waiters, Jake and Marie. They remembered our names, what we drank after our meal and they always made us feel good. Great service:) I have cruised before but this was the best embarkment. So fast and easy. We would love to cruise another part of Europe. I like the idea of living on the ship for the week. Hanging all my clothes up.putting clothes in the drawers. Love having the safe in the room to keep our passports etc safe. And it is nice to have a safe place to return to after a port/shore excursion. We did both private tours and a tour off the ship. We were very lucky all 5 tours were awesome. I will say we refused to shop on this cruise because of the 21%tax added. We are Canadian and to pay in American dollar is a lot of money anyway. But adding 21% tax. There was nothing on the ship worth paying that kind of money. Neither one of us are drinkers, so we were lucky there. But when we did buy a drink the price was high. Buying the drink pkg is only good for someone that is going to gave at least 7 drinks a day! When you are gone off the ship 5 out of 7 days, not a lot of time to enjoy your drinks unless you sit in the bar all evening. The price of our cruise was very high, mainly because we paid in Canadian dollars. And we did not get anything extra like other cruise ships offer. Example: free gratuities, onboard credits and free drink pkgs. I have cruised with RC 4 times and Princess once. I like RC but will look for the best price/specials the next time.

Best way to visit 3 countries

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Blueeyedcaper1

You must do excursions at these ports, the places were amazing.

This was my first time in Europe , hopefully not my last.

I wish I had better pillows. They were too flat.

I have cruised before but this was the best embarkment. So fast and easy.

Blueeyedcaper1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Always clean and tidy. Liked our room and balcony.
  Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans

• Barcelona
    Loved Barcelona. We were there 3 nights before our cruise. We did the hop on bus. We went to the Famous church and did an awesome paella cooking class. There is so much to do and see in Barcelona.
    View All 2,229 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
  • Amalfi Coast
    This was an amazing tour to end with. we signed up for this on cruise critic with a lovely family. The company was Sea Amalfi Coast Company. itwas awesome. The driver was something else. He sure could drive those roads. And he talked and told us everything along the way. We went to a fabulous restaurant called La Tagliata. You have to visit this place. We had reservations made. Look up this restaurant online. It is just as beautiful as their site shows. We also did a tour of a Pompeii. That was something to see.
    This tour was perfect!
    View All 262 Amalfi Coast Reviews
  • Vatican Museums
    Going to Rome to see the Vatican/ colosseum/ the Trevi fountain is a must!
    Once in a lifetime tour. Amazing guide in the museum. The driver/ guide was good. He was an excellent driver. Don't know if I could drive those streets.
    View All 127 Vatican Museums Reviews