Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by attilamom1217

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

This cruise was my 10th; 3rd on Carnival; 1st on Paradise; 1st solo cruise. I am a middle aged widow. I booked this cruise after my husband's passing to relax and figure out who I am. I live driving distance from port so no flights nor hotels.

Paradise is a smaller, older ship which needs some cosmetic updates. She is a beautiful ship. I had an Oceanview aft cabin facing the wake. The room was on the small side (typical for older ships). The air conditioning control is in the ceiling and not reachable. The only two possible air conditioning levels are very cold or off. The room steward gave me an extra blanket upon my request. There were no cups (plastic, glass nor disposable) in the bathroom. The first night, I didn't even have drinking glasses in the cabin. Fortunately I had a small bottle of water to use to take my medications and brush my teeth. I had to get one from the buffet and hide it in my medicine cabinet in order to have a glass. The room steward told me they put glasses in the bathroom anymore.

The food in the Main Dining Room was good but could've been served hotter. I had traditional early dining and was at a table with several other solo travelers as well as a couple of people traveling together. I ate breakfast in the main dining room every morning. There is a brunch on sea days which was very good. Didn't eat much in the Lido buffet, but what I had was okay (the pizza was very good).

Chef's Table - try it!!!!! Excellent dining experience and worth the $75 upcharge. Tour of galley with champagne and appetizers; 7 course meal; wine; and entertainment.

I enjoyed the casino and the dealers and pit bosses were a lot of fun. However, I wish the casino was smoke-free.

I went to one show - the hypnotist. He was very funny and enjoyable.

I had no trouble finding a lounge chair on the Lido deck. However, the no babies in diapers in the pool and hot tubs rule was not enforced and I had to leave the hot tub when the baby in diapers entered with her big brother.

I took advantage of one of the spa specials. Very enjoyable and relaxing.

Embarkation was smooth as was Disembarkation.

attilamom1217's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6B M265

Small, clean, sufficient for one person. No couch. Only one chair in addition to the bed. There is a desk, but no coffee table. Picture window overlooking the wake of the ship. Décor is dated. Bathroom was a decent size for a ship's bathroom. Lots of storage space.

Beach

I enjoyed the beach escape with open bar. However, the excursion itself was not very well organized. We all met at the end of the pier, but were left with no instructions as to where to find the shuttle to take us to the beach. One or two people were told so if you lost the group, you had no idea where to go. Coming back to the ship was 'grab a cab' (paid for through the excursion). There was a limited drink choice, but sufficient choices. Beach was rocky - water shoes are a good idea.

I didn't snorkel since the water was a little rough, but had a fabulous time. There were only 10 of us on this excursion. Lots of champagne, rum punch, beer, bottled water available. Had fruit and lunch served. Delicious.

View All undefined undefined Reviews