3. Celebrity Equinox
We sail Celebrity most often due to the value for our money and the overall cruise experience. We view Celebrity as a top end of the medium price point cruise lines. The embarkation was a bit clumsy due to the Coast Guard inspection that particular day. Otherwise the ship was clean and ready to go. It is a bit tired with carpet wearing and other scuffs and scratches but clean as a whistle. Our cabin was a nice balcony room with a fabulous attendant (Berri). The food was not as good as it was many years ago but for the price, about what we expected. Murano, was again, the best dining experience hands down. Tuscan Grille is to be avoided - more on that later. Entertainment was a mixed bag but most always is - right? Service overall was very good with a happy/friendly staff for the most part. We hit 6 ports during our 11 day trip. Weather was perfect. We are easy to please people who never lose sight that this is vacation. Why be in a hurry or get angry about the small things? More people need to remember "It's vacation folks." The Tuscan Grille has really gone downhill in recent years. We read about the TC slipping on this Board before sailing and they reviews were spot on. Our waiter, Jaison, was fabulous but he isn't responsible for poor food. My wife ordered spaghetti and it was poorly done. I got the ribeye and asked for it to be cooked to "pink inside." It came to the table cold and red inside. At the waiter's encouragement, I sent it back. Got a new steak cooked exactly the same way - cold and red inside. Murano was awesome as usual. Alex and Sebastian provided wonderful service. Food was FABULOUS! Try the venison folks - its' to die for. Our Dining Room staff started out great. Amhet (waiter), Dina (Asst. Waiter) and Lara (Wine) all did a great job the first week. Then something changed. Their supervisor seemed to be picking on them. This resulted in good service but not as friendly as before they were under the microscope. Amir ruined our wonderful service due to his insensitivity. Pool drink guys Jose (Dom. Rep.), Jimmy (Ecuador) and John (Columbia) were all so very attentive and shagged drinks all day poolside. Perfect. The food, overall, is down in quality and quantity. I understand that Celebrity needs to make a buck so I attribute the change to holding the price down and having to make cuts to get some earnings. I would pay more for better food and bigger quantities. Richard, the Cruise Director, hosted a 70's dance night in the lobby of the grand mall. It was so much fun we danced for 75 straight minutes - until I was wringing with sweat. Hey Richard, do that more than once during the sailing!!!! Too much fun!!

Another Great Sailing!

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by DuckDude

DuckDude’s Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1B 8270
This ship has been in the water for a number of years. so, the wear and tear is apparent. However, wear and tear having nothing to do with the cleanliness of the ship and our cabin was spotless. Berri, our attendant, was so friendly and happy and attentive. He was exactly what you want in a cabin attendant. We do the prepaid tips but gave Berri some $5 spots about every 3 days to show our appreciation.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins