3. American Constellation
This cruise was our first but will not be our last. Having heard many cruise stories my wife and I were prepared for the worst but surprise - no worries just great service and six days of enjoyment. We found Baltimore to be a little dated but what the heck the city has been around several hundred years. The ship on the other hand was only a week old and our trip was it's second voyage. The staff was very helpful and in no time at all we were sailing veterans. Our cabin was 502 top deck and top price. I did not see much difference when I compared the cabin to other cabins on the lower decks. This was definitely a seniors cruise with the majority of the passengers already on the Social Security rolls. Entertainment was limited but had I wanted entertainment I would have gone to Broadway. I was looking for peace and quite with a little sighting seeing and I found it on this cruise. We did enjoy Dr. Harold Cones who gave several lectures on the Chesapeake Bay environment. We are now experts in the life of a crab! The food was superb and served in ample quantities and if the first serving as not sufficient many ordered a second serving. Same with the drinks. I drink non alcohol beer which was not available the first evening. but when requested I was told it would be added to stock which it was at the next port. Every request was meet with a smile and a can do attitude. I really enjoyed the decks where I spent the early morning watching the sun rise while drinking coffee and eating fresh pastries and fruit. I guess you could call me a satisfied customer as I have already booked another cruise for this Fall.

Wonderful week on the Chesapeake Bay

American Constellation Cruise Review by kperrigin

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: USA

kperrigin’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Constellation price drops

If you go for the high rent cabins ( top deck Owners Suite) do not select the first two cabins as they are smaller than the other cabins in that category. Shape of the ship!