We chose this cruise as part of a group. The itinerary was very nice and we ended up with outstanding weather. Aside from trying to remember whether we were going forward or aft, the ship was nice - the decor was not too over the top. Our aft facing veranda cabin was wonderful as were our cabin stewards. Entertainment was acceptable however it would have been nice to have a second big show - the magician was great, the comic was so-so, We enjoyed the ports, touring on our own as we had been to Alaska before. Dining was fair - I had great difficulty actually getting my special diet issues resolved - took half the cruise to finally get what I had requested. DH preferred the Lido to the dining room because he doesn't like waiting for the service in the dining room. I think the fact that I had a special diet request significantly slowed down our dinner service. We both thought embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly. Overall we would do this cruise again.

Great cruise, wonderful itinerary

baltic17’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB 6166
Alaska is definitely a cruise worth having a veranda cabin. There is plenty of storage, although one of the hall area closets lacks any lighting to see the backs of the shelves. Having an aft cabin gave us a low-wind area to sit and enjoy the scenery and a wee after dinner drink.
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins