3. Royal Princess
This cruise ship was lacking in some exercise ability features like a steam room and sauna in the locker rooms next to the fitness center. Even though the princess website indicates that there is a steam shower in the locker room I saw an outlet in one of the showers but there was no way to turn it on. The only alternative is to use the spa facilities which would cost about $300 for 3 weeks. Even though I tried to find out how to use the steam shower by asking at least 15 ships personnel, no one could give me an answer including the Hotel Mng who I asked at a cruise critic meeting. Everyone told me that they would find out and get back to me which never happened To top it off one of the two showers had a broken water turn on valve so it was not useable. This too did not get fixed while i was on the cruise. Another complain is the lack of a promenade deck which is usually found on deck 6 or 7 so that you could walk around the whole ship. The only alternative is to use Deck 17 which is not a good alternative because of weather and wind on occasion. Whoever designed this ship needs to go back to the drawing board as I would never sail on this class of ship again. Another complain was the quality of some of the food in the main dining rooms. The first formal night lobster was offered but it was uneatable as it was very small and like a piece of rubber. The best part of the meals were the desserts which were excellent most of the time.

I enjoy taking cruises that have good fitness centers and locker room facilities

Royal Princess Cruise Review by jp9631

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Interior

jp9631’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IA A209
The inside cabin was very cramped with a very small bathroom. Fortunately we stay out of the cabin most of the time otherwise it would have been too small
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins