3. Independence of the Seas
We chose this cruise mainly because we love Royal Caribbean and we never wish to fly again ! So with this cruise to the Canaries beginning and ending in Southampton , a wine package and free parking we were raring to go . Embarkation was real quick and we were on the ship in no time , we were upgraded to a promenade stateroom , which we did not really like but there were no other cabins available as the ship was full so we had no choice , it just seemed that there was no privacy at all , the curtains had to be kept closed permanently, and on the one occasion they were open we spotted the woman opposite in the nude , I think the windows should have a one way mirror effect !! My husbands case was damaged on arrival to the room but he was compensated straight away so well done RC FOR THAT. Our cabin attendant from India was marvellous nothing too much trouble ,and we were delighted to meet our attendant from 4 years ago now a supervisor . We dined in Romeo and Juliet, My time dining and Jai and Asia our waiter and waitress were wonderful . Getting a seat in the theatre was a struggle but we managed it apart from one night . All of the shows except the one which involved watering cans and the like! were second to none , however perhaps the chap who played the shower hose should stick to art as that was amazing as was his bugle playing . Darren Day chatted more than me ! Tuckers was Hysterical I'm still laughing about the woman getting taller ! Grease was fantastic and the comedian who reclaimed his rose also funny ,I wasn't to keen on the screeching of the East Coast Boys but a lot were each to their own . The cruise director wasn't my favourite but , I was thrilled he will be seeing his family after 4 months next week , its a long time to be apart from your children ,these people give up a lot to entertain us and look after us we should not forget that . As usual we pay our gratuities direct to our favourites and its always gratefully received . All the ports were easily accessible , we loved that , and ventured out at every port . The weather was great although we did encounter one woman that remarked how awful the weather was and that I must be a fan of fake tan lol,, I took great delight telling her it was my tan from the same cruise she was on !!! The ship is looking a little tired in places but I understand its going in dry dock next year, so will no doubt be spruced up The food as always wonderful , with choices to suit everyone . We were keen to book another cruise onboard but found them all to be very expensive despite saying they would be heavily discounted, so we will just look at our local travel agents again. I think there was brawl one night and a sadly a chap passed away early into the cruise , which was so sad for the relatives . All in all a great cruise , oh and great Karaoke , Mandy was robbed !! she was fantastic how she didn't make it I just don't know !! We met some great people and had a great time, Disembarkation was easy but the y happened to trash my case this time , and once again that was dealt with efficiently , what do these baggage handlers do to smash cases up ? Would we go again ?? Of Course .

Handbags and the Gladrags

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Icantthinkofone

The food as always wonderful , with choices to suit everyone .

Would we go again ?? Of Course .
Icantthinkofone’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

Not so good ,no privacy , but great position next to the lobby
  Independence of the Seas Deck Plans