I chose this cruise because I live on the central coast of California and it's easy to get to Seattle, and who doesn't want to see Alaska! I've cruised with Holland America before, so I felt confident that the ship would be lovely and the staff and service would be excellent. I was not disappointed. The itinerary was very pleasant. Distances in Alaska our huge, so there seemed to be a fair amount of time onboard getting from one place to another. I enjoy shipboard life so this was fine with me. We spent one day from 7 to 4 cruising in Glacier Bay National Park. Only 2 cruise ships a day are allowed in the Bay and it is huge, so we really had the place to ourselves. We had fabulous weather and words cannot describe the beauty and wonder of this place. Several park rangers spent the day with us and were available for any and all questions. This experience alone was worth the price of the cruise. My fellow passengers were from all over the world. There were families and all ages represented. I'm used to an older crowd on Holland America, so this was a new and welcome change. Alaska is well worth seeing and this cruise was a great way to do it. The main stage entertainment was excellent. The port of Seattle and Holland America have a wonderful free service of delivering your luggage to the airport and handling all check in arrangements for your departing flight, making the disembarkation process very easy.

Alaska Surpassed Expectations

Eurodam Cruise Review by nanatangie

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Alaska is well worth seeing and this cruise was a great way to do it.

The main stage entertainment was excellent.

nanatangie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB 5142
I loved the location of this cabin. We would leave our room and in 20 seconds we would be on the elevator up to the Lido back deck or buffet, or down to the Main Dining Room or guest services. The cabin itself was completely quiet, there was plenty of storage space, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The balcony with immediate access to the view and fresh air is a dream. I prefer being on a lower level, closer to the water, so this cabin was perfect.
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    There are independent tour companies right as you exit the ship. We signed up for a 45 minute city tour with Panhandle Excursions and had a wonderful tour guide/ driver named Tom. We drove all over Juneau and got a very good overview of the city and it's history. I would recommend this company. We also took the Blue Bus out to Mendenhall Glacier. The 2 tours were a combined price of $50. per person.
    View All 55 City Tour Reviews
  • Sitka
    Sitka is a lovely place to walk around on your own.
    View All 336 Sitka Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Sitka Cruise Port Review

The guest services department on the Eurodam was outstanding. We had a few things come up that needed their help and they went above and beyond to take care of us.