• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

tinanix
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2017
Cabin:

I took this cruise because I did a timeshare and "won" this free cruise. When I booked this cruise this free cruise started out costing me over $150. Then I get there and have to do another 2 hour timeshare, which took over 4 hours and more or less ruined that day to do anything. Then, I get on the cruise terminal and find out that it is going to cost me $18 (cash, because the credit card machine was down) a day for valet service for my car, which was parked about a minute from where I had to sit in my car for almost an hour to wait for the valet to get. The car wasn't parked under a garage or anything. I wondered why I had to pay the $18 per night. When the cruise was over I could've walked to my car and got it faster than the valet got it for me. You have to wait about an hour to get to the valet, not enough workers for the 1500 people coming on the ship. When you get out of your car they don't tell you what to do except to stand by your car, but once the valet gets your keys they don't direct you to where you are supposed to go. You have to have all of your bags X-rayed, which I think is a great idea. It looked like they were trying to catch individuals with alcohol, which they did, but they didn't even care to check for marijuana, which was smoked all over the ship. The floors of the ship reeked of it. The food was good, the only thing with it was that it was very limited. The same thing was on both sides of the buffet. For real food, at the dinners you have to pay for it. The drinks were very very expensive, and they don't care how much you drink, if you pass out and they have to wake you up, they will continue to serve you. They have individuals walking around the whole time the bar is open trying to push you into buying alcohol. I was laying out head down and had three waiters stop in front of me asking me if I wanted a drink from the bar, at one point I was almost asleep and they woke me up to ask me if I wanted a cocktail. I ask him, did it look like I wanted a cocktail, what I wanted was to fall asleep. They are constantly putting on what people would say is masking tape on all the things that aren't correct on the ship. Needs to be dry docked and a whole makeover. Room smelt musky, the thin blanket they did give you had hair all over it. Bar manager is a complete idiot. Entertainment was very limited and what they did have was very boring. The service in the dining room looked very unorganized. Was never asked if I wanted anything to drink, which every where else on the ship, they hound you. The water that they gave you had very little ice if any at all. I had planned on doing my homework on board, until I realized you had to pay for the internet, and heard from a lot of the people that did pay for it that it didn't even work. Just went to the island to walk around and get off the ship because I have been there many times and every time I go the islanders are very pushy, and then get rude if you choose not to buy anything. Didn't buy anything, didn't need anything. They had built Freeport up the last time I went there, because the bigger cruise ships started going back there, but since hurricane Matthew, things look very bad there. I have been through damage from him also and it is hard. I will be glad to see it back to the way they had it. They island is great, but the cruise ship would be better as a row boat.

Response from ChristineK, Social Media Team @Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line

Hello tinanix, We highly appreciate all passenger feedback. It seems you book through a third party, as we do not conduct timeshare presentations. They should have advised parking operates...

Port Reviews

Palm Beach

Nothing there. Not in a real good neighborhood

64 Helpful Votes