3. Radiance of the Seas
RCCL standards seem to grow less each year. This was part of back to back cruises to a part of the world I had never visited. The ship is tired needs some refurbishment. As a Diamond Plus member I was surprised to find no diamond section for breakfast in the dining room and therefore no specialty coffee available unless I paid for it. I had to negotiate with one of the head waiters who arranged this for me but I had to ask for him every time to get my morning latte. Maybe a little thing but another indication that the so called perks of the loyalty program are being eroded. Shore excursions on the whole were expensive and a lot of time was spent on buses transporting people to the various venues with little actual time at the venue itself. In fact in Wellington the bus driver left us to make our own way back to the ship. Very unprofessional. Never happened to me before on any shore excursion. All shore excursions were rushed due to the ship docking a long way from any intended venues. Christchurch, in particular, was very disappointing. We missed Dunedin due to weather conditions, this was beyond the control of the cruise line but meant yet another sea day. Entertainment was the usual standard fare some very good, some ok and some below par. I agree with other reviews in that the constant pestering to upsell is very annoying. Samba Grill was an interesting experience. Service excellent but wouldn't bother with it again. The murder mystery is a rip off. Very amateurish and the price we paid was not value for money. Would have done better just to go to Giovanni's for a regular dinner. Do not bother with this.

Disappointing on occasion

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Britchip

Britchip’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

• Sydney (Australia)
    Great city to explore at ones own pace
    View All 668 Sydney (Australia) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Sydney (Australia) Cruise Port Review
  • Geothermal Springs
    Luxury catamaran to the hot springs. Bus driver was very good and the crew on the catamaran were very attentive.
    View All 30 Geothermal Springs Reviews
  • Wairarapa
    Bus driver rushed us around to get us to the cable car and museum. We then sat on the bus as he couldn't get out of the parking lot, then couldn't drop us off at the bottom of the cable car due to traffic so we rushed around to get a cup of coffee, visit the museum and the gift shop to find he had left us to find our own way back to the ship. He saw us go into the gift shop but didn't bother to come in to announce the bus was leaving. We were waiting in line to pay for some souvenirs. We sat in traffic, didn't have time for a restroom break, coffee or a visit to the gift shop and then we're basically abandoned.