Carnival Dream Cruise Review

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by CimW

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

On this cruise was myself, my mom and my sister.

We had a really good time on the ship, spent a lot of time in the casino.

Embarkation went pretty smooth. We arrived about 10:30 and was surprised at how full the parking garage was, had to park on top. Sat in the priority lounge, it was very full. They had some drinks and cookies out. I want to say it was a little before noon when they started boarding.

Once onboard, being priority our cabins were ready, we opted to head to the buffet for lunch first. After the buffet we went to our cabin.

We saw who we thought was our cabin steward and he was, when he first came to the room, I don't recall him introducing himself, I might have of missed it. I think there was a bit of miscommunication with my mom and him because in the morning he did not come in to clean. We found a guy who was his assistant and he kept repeating that if we wanted our room cleaned we had to call after 2:00 because they had already passed the cabin and our steward didn't come in because he thought someone was in the room. My mom threatened to remove tips and we had wonderful service for the rest of the cruise. We had both morning and evening service.

The ship was in excellent condition, always clean.

Food:

We ate most meals in the Lido buffet. Overall the food was fairly good. There was always the same rice and baked potato at dinner time, a little more variety would have been nice.

Guys burgers were good, I had a taco salad from the cantina which was good.

Pizza was good.

My favorite was Guy's BBQ. I thought is was very delicious. Long lines but worth the wait. Had this twice.

Tea time was nice and very relaxing.

Coffee bar had good latte's and frappe's.

Punchliner comedy once, the guy was okay.

I tried the Hasbro game show but left after about 20 minutes.

The show Flick was very good.

I did not care for the 80's rock show.

Sat in on trivia a couple of times and realized I will never get a ship on a stick!

We did not get tickets to Little Big Town which I think my sister and I are sorry that we did not.

Our CD Chris Williams, I saw bits and pieces of him throughout the cruise. I watch his vlogs and I liked him.

The casino seemed to be always busy, too busy. We had a little bit of luck here and there.

Service was good everywhere, no complaints, slow start with our room steward.

Ports:

Key West--we went to an ice cream shop right by the ship and that is it there. My mom didn't want to walk far.

Freeport- We did not go any farther than the little port area. Was going to sit in Senor Frog's but there was line. My mom bought some conch fritters at a hut, she said she's had better.

Nassau--I had read a new resort, the Baha Mar was going to be open and they had a casino there, so we went there. Beautiful place, I felt a little under dressed. Loved the casino, it is a good size, was able to get complimentary cokes while playing. No bottled water though, iced tap water only.

There were only a handful of other people in the casino. We all had a little bit of luck in there. For lunch we ate at the Swimming Pig. The flat bread pizza things were good. The iced tea was good.

After lunch my mom wanted to see the casino at Altantis so we took a taxi there. I will say after being at the Baha Mar, the Atlantis seemed a bit old. We had fun in the casino. We were able to run down to the Starbucks there for our fix.

Disembarkation went really fast for us. We met in the dining room for priority, they did have juice and pastries in there.

All in all it was a good cruise and I would sail on the Dream again.

CimW's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8C 8372

Cabin needs some help. Dirty sheers, dirty cushions on couch. Carpet is tired looking.

The location was pretty good and quiet.

CimW