3. Norwegian Sky
This was our first cruise experience in 25 years. It was terrific! The Norwegian Sky is great with enough friendly staff to keep the buffet area, cabins, pool deck and everywhere clean at all times. We only ate at the free restaurants and buffet and the food was always very plentiful and good as was the selection. There was free soft serve ice-cream in the afternoon. Late afternoon you can enjoy fruit or cake dipped in the chocolate fountain, or regular (not soft) ice cream with all the toppings!

Our teenagers (aged 13 and 17) enjoyed the teen club very much. Be sure to go to the comedy shows, Rich Purpura is hilarious. Didn't enjoy the variety (song and dance) show as much. If you've seen a broadway show onstage in a reasonably large city, you've seen/heard much better. I found the tap water too chlorinated to drink, so purchased the bottled water. The only free drinks between mealtimes were iced tea (which none of us liked), or tea or coffee. A can of soda was $1.75 and a large bottle of water was $5.75. My husband and I had a couples hot stone massage in the spa. It was supposed to be 75 minutes, but was really only about 45 minutes to 1 hour of actual massage. Afterward they will try to sell you various lotions/oils. Since you must pay a $12 per person per day to cover tipping, I resented being handed a bill to sign with a prominent "TIP AMT_______" everytime I purchased anything.

If you're stopping in Freeport and enjoy snorkelling, be sure to visit Paradise Cove! This is not an excursion offered by NCL. Check out my review on TripAdvisor, or visit their website at www.deadmansreef.com. My complaints are few as overall the Norwegian Sky was a great experience!

Norwegian Sky - a great ship with terrific staff!

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by flowgrey

• Sail Date: September 2009
  • Destination: Bahamas

flowgrey’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+

• Freeport
    Booked Paradise Cove online ahead of time - great snorkelling adventure. This is not offered as a shore excursion. See my review on TripAdvisor.

View All 1,232 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Freeport Cruise Port Review
  • Miami
    OK, it wasn't Miami, but Great Stirrup Cay wasn't listed on the Ports of Call. A great beach day. Snorkelling is good, especially for beginners. If you play beach volleyball, don't dive for the ball, the sand is a thin layer on top of rock! Swimming also excellent. Leave early to get a beach chair. Reserve a hammock in the trees early!

View All 1,936 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    Family with 2 teenagers all purchased Atlantis Aquaventure as a shore excursion. Probably would have been cheaper to book a room at the Atlantis resort for one night. Even if you never set foot in the room, you can check in and have access to Aquaventure for the day. Daughter also did the dolphin swim which I booked online directly through Atlantis as it wasn't offered as a shore excursion combined with Aquaventure. Atlantis and Aquaventure are amazing and shouldn't be missed, truly a fun-filled day. Water slides, great 'lazy' river, aquariums. Wear comfortable walking shoes, at least to get to and from Atlantis. Take a taxi from the ship to Atlantis and back - it will be quicker (so you'll have more time at Atlantis and less walking than going with the shore excursion. Plus it's only $4/person.

View All 5,282 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews