• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Feb 2017
Cabin: Ocean View
Traveled with children

If you’re thinking of taking the Carnival Dream for a spin, you’re reading the right review! My wife and I have taken two cruises on the Dream (both before and after it was dry-docked and remodeled), and hopefully we can all glean some insight together and help YOU decide if the Dream is a good fit for you. So, without further adieu, here are “10 Things You Should Know Before Cruising the Carnival Dream”.

*WARNING—This review is long and detailed. But in the end, at least you can say you were informed.

1. Embarking Is A Flippin’ Nightmare

Ocean View

Cabin 6A

Port Reviews

New Orleans

Didn't really get to experience much of New Orleans, though it's definitely on my list next time we port out! Some parts of town kind of rough though, and traffic is a beast!

Ocho Rios

Jamaica was awesome! Just be prepared to get bombarded by the cabbies who will literally argue with each other about who's giving you the better deal. We took a ride through the city, went to a couple shops, and then up the mountain past Mick Jagger's mansion to a restaurant that overlooks most of Ochos Rios. Beautiful place. And yes... there was marijuana everywhere, even growing wild on the side of the road.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

I stayed on the ship for this port due to being sick. But my wife and kids went out and weren't that impressed. They were back on the ship before lunch and said there wasn't much to it, but I've heard rave reviews from other people, so who knows?

Cozumel

Lots of shopping and eating, live performers, horse and buggy rides. Had AUTHENTIC Mexican just inside the city and I'll never look at American/Mexican the same again. Absolutely gorgeous place and friendly people as long as you're in the right part of town. Family and I have seriously considered do an all-inclusive vacation here!

Find a Carnival Dream Cruise from $369