3. Norwegian Sun
The crew is very professional and accommodating. A few of the ship's interior spaces have recently been updated but the overwhelming majority of restaurants and bars are very worn and are in much need of modernization. While much of the musical entertainment was very good the majority of daily activities were geared for older passengers and lacked inspiration. The Cruise Director really needs to "up his game" to provide activities that all age groups can enjoy. It seemed much of the Cruise Director's staff time was spent facilitating bingo or other fee based activities. One bright note although, were the Spainish Lessons and the Mexico lecture given by Roberto which were very good. The food was fair to marginal but overall very salty. Towards the end of the cruise the food quality and choices became very poor. In fact, it seemed they were attempting to use up food of lesser quality. One concern I had was a great number of passengers developed respoitory problems, deep hard coughs, even leading to Bronchitis while onboard. Within two days of being onboard I developed some sinus and breathing issues and continued to nurse them the entire 3 weeks of the cruise. The symptoms immediately cleared up once I disembarked which makes me wonder if the cabin AC system is being kept clean. I heard from some people, who became sick that they had their cabin AC systems cleaned and that it helped them a great deal. On the 2nd day of the cruise I reported to the Hotel Director's assistant that railings at he pool were very loose and needed repair. Having been a lifeguard in college I recognized this to be a potential hazard. I reported it again a week later and then asked the pool attendant a couple days later. He responded that "people have been reporting the railings since last October, over 22 cruise ago." And yet it was still left unrepaired. I think this single event sums up my feelings about the Sun. That things are just being tolerated not being kep up to NCL's overall good standards. I very much enjoyed the itinerary of our sailing and the pool deck was very enjoyable as we had good weather. I found that the NCL Sun really failed to impress and is possibly riding on the coat tails of NCL's overall good reputation.

Nice crew but the ship, entertainment and food failed to impress

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by VinoRojaCruiser

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

VinoRojaCruiser’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BX
Cabin size was good and kept spotless by the the attendant. The down side is the shower is extremely small and almost impossible for a grown man to use without banging your elbow. Ouch!
Viking Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins