3. Regal Princess
This was my second cruise with Princess and my first on Regal. I have cruised on the Royal (sister ship) before so I've only had experience with this class of ships on Princess. One of the main reasons I wanted to go on the Regal was the amazing experience I had at the Enclave. Wow, I cannot say enough good things about the Enclave Spa. It is a little pricey but my husband and I thought it reasonable. The room was a balcony on the Aloha (A117, forward and Starboard) deck. We were one of the first to Embark (I am only the Gold status so we didn't have extra boarding perks, etc) but embarkation was incredibly easy. We went to our room which was ready (it was small but clean), but since we had to wait for our luggage, we went to get something to eat. After that, we went to the Enclave to sign up (I had already done this before, and I knew husband would want to do it too). We got talked into signing up for the three spa treatments/30% off sales pitch. I had acupuncture, facial, and couples massage; he had acupuncture, couples massage, and something else (I can't remember). The treatments were great, but each time they do a sales pitch on more treatments (acupuncture) or products (expensive). We did end up buying an Elemis muscle rub and body wash, for about $100 which is probably a reasonable price on a cruise ship. The spa staff also knew us by name (LOL). The food was average, with the exception of Alfredo's pizzeria (included) and Crown Grill (an extra charge). The dinner dining room experience was often slow, with average food or occasionally, food that was not cooked to order and had to be sent back (this happened at least twice). Breakfast dining room was also very slow; would recommend buffet as the choices were better and there was a pretty good chance the food was hot. The "upsell" was EVERYWHERE. Photographers literally following us around the ship, trying to book a private setting. Dining room waiters trying to book us for a wine tasting. Spa as was mentioned. It got really old. We have already spent a lot of money to go on this cruise, and I feel like we are still being badgered for money. SERIOUSLY. This was probably the biggest negative to the cruise. We did the all inclusive drink package, as we like to have wine with meals and an after-dinner cordial or two, depending how late we were up. It was worth it to us. I also liked being able to grab a couple of bottled waters for the room and for excursions. It was also important for me to get sparkling water which often times I would get the large bottle and it would last me the day. Excursions--on Princess Cays, the snorkel gear and floats were cancelled when we arrived to the island, I guess for weather? It was a little windy but otherwise not inclement weather. It took us two days to get the refund for that, as the ship said we could not get a refund, but the rental shops would not release the items. I swear I felt like I was speaking a different language...how can we be charged for something we didn't even have the option to receive? It did eventually get fixed. At Montego Bay we opted for the jungle float. Totally enjoyed it, but it didn't feel long enough. We did snorkeling and stingrays at Grand Cayman; the stingray experience was really over-rated as there were no less than 5 other boats there on a small sandbar; the snorkeling was just so-so as the water was a bit choppy. In Cozumel we did the National Marine Park reef snorkel and Playa Mia beach visit afterwards. This snorkeling was ah-MAY-zing! Would do this trip again in a heartbeat. We did not do a lot of the night activities on board (sometimes because dinner took so long, and we did anytime dining); but it seemed there were always a lot of activities to do. The age of the passengers is a little on the older side (?50s-60s) compared to the Royal Caribbean trips I had taken, but we had no issues with that as we aren't late night partiers much any more either. Disembarkation was a breeze; we were one of the first to disembark as we had an early flight. No issues getting to or from the airport (except traffic going into port was heavy, so be sure to leave early). We uber'd to the ship and used Princess transfer back. All in all, I would definitely go on this ship again; we are tentatively booked for the Royal (sister ship) for an Eastern Caribbean tour in the fall again as I am just in love with the Enclave. We will likely be more prepared for the upsell and will be smarter in how to handle it.

Very enjoyable trip

readyforsun19’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA A117
I'm not sure if this is the right category, but it was a balcony forward and starboard. Small, but fine. Tiny balcony/patio (don't know how you would do a dinner out there!) Clean. Room attendant was good, very prompt.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins