3. Celebrity Silhouette
I took this cruise mainly to enjoy the ship and visit two of my favorite ports, Denmark and St. Petersburg. I had made 135 cruises all over the world and on many different ships but recently I have chosen Celebrity and always find the Silhouette has one of the friendliest staff and and crew of all the ships. Since I am elite plus I enjoyed all the benefits that come with that and the Captain's Express Breakfast is one of my favorites as well as the daily cocktail happy hour. My cabin was 6156 balcony slightly obscured with the life boats just below the balcony but didn't really interfere with the view. At times, the buffet was crowded but with good timing managed to avoid the crowds and enjoy the special evenings which included a wonderful Germany night with a local band playing throughout dinner. And another night, we had a Danish dinner. The variety of food hI found so nice, I often chose the buffet rather than the dining room. Also I enjoyed the coffee early morning in the Hideaway. I also found the internet attendant very helpful and patient with my computer problems. Having lived in Copenhagen, I always spend my port day in Tivoli and think the excursion people should tell people more about this great park and the wonderful flowers and music. Danish hotdogs are known all over the world and I always go to a stand for one anytime i am in the city. I enjoyed the bicycle cart ride into the city which takes you through many of the narrow streets and is a great way to see the city and not bother with the shuttle. This is a good way to travel around on your own and visit the palaces and the museums on your own. My one complain on this cruise was the very loud music that played all over the ship night and day. There should be at least one place you could go and not be bombarded by loud music.

Visited these ports many times but still among my favorites

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Abuelita20128

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda (obstructed view)

Abuelita20128’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda (obstructed view)
Cabin 2D 6156
Attendant excellent and very friendly. I always carry a sign with me to tell the attendant I am out. Unlike most cruise lines Celebrity has only a "Do not Disturb" sign which has no notice on the other side to tell your attendant that you are out. My attendant appreciates my thoughtfulness. I recommended to Celebrity that they provide a sign that says you are out.
Continental Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Tivoli Gardens
    I took a bicycle cart with a wonderful driver and toured the city a bit and then spent the day in Tivoli Gardens, one of the most beautiful parks in the world. I lived in Copenhagen and think the ship needs to explain more about Tivoli as some think it is just an amusement park. Wonderful flowers, music and restaurants
    View All 55 Tivoli Gardens Reviews
  • St. Petersburg
    I always use SPB in St. Petersburg and have in past been to all of the well known sights and I lecture on Russia and have traveled on the Trans-Siberian Express train across Russia and visited friends there so the one place I had missed was Miniature Russia which I recommend highly. It is in town and for adults as well as children. One could spend a whole day there.
    View All 12,780 St. Petersburg Cruise Port Reviews