3. Norwegian Escape
I am a Carnival cruise line girl at heart so when my sweetie asked me to go on a NCL cruise with him, I was very hesitant. All the way leading up to the cruise I was not excited at all. Once entering the ship my mouth dropped, the decor of the ship was so elegant. We had the beverage package so the drinks over flowed and I was able to try some very yummy drinks. Two of my favorites were the mudslides and liquid.. (I won't say the rest but those that have sampled this drink know the full name.) I think we visited all the bars and enjoyed each one. The bartender who works at the 5oclock Somewhere bar and wears the cowboy hat, has a great memory and attitude. We stayed in a mini suite 13222 and the shower was heavenly. I appreciated having a bigger bathroom and of course the balcony. We love sleeping with the doors open at night to hear the waves. Our room steward was not that great (Glen). I'm used to turn down service which he never provided and most times I felt as though our room was barely cleaned. All he did was make up the bed and give us fresh towels but nothing else. Twice we had to call housekeeping for clean towels. I normally tip my room steward extra but not this trip. Dinner was a hit or miss. Dinner at the specialty restaurants ( Cagney's, Moderno, and Teppakanyi's(spelling)) was excellent. Our waiter/waitresses were so nice we left them additional tips. I did not enjoy any of my meals in the dinning rooms. The food was not good and the wait staff was not pleasant at all. Especially in the Taste dinning room. Our waitress on our last night did not clear any of the dishes off our table all night long. Surprisingly the buffet was really, really good. I typically don't do buffet food but I couldn't help it, it was good and I ended up doing the remainder of my breakfast and lunches there. I love the singing duo that sings washy, washy when they spray your hands. I love the cleanliness of the boat and how where ever you go there was someone spraying your hands. We hung out a lot on the 17th deck at H20. The grotto or cave as I call it is heavenly! Note to parents. Children are not allowed back there until 6pm. Please respect the rules. Some of us go up there to get away from the kids on the boat. We had a bartender that took good care of us. We tried the main pool area but it was always too crowded and loud. It really needs a better layout. I like shady areas so I never had a problem finding a chair but if you wanted a chair in the sun good luck, those were always the first to go. We attended the glow party and 80's party and was disappointed with the music. The dj needs to play music that appeals to all genres. Especially the 80's party. How can you go wrong with that? We would have partied more if the music was better. I enjoyed watching shows in the atrium but as others have said its too small and if you don't get there early enough its hard to see what is going on. OMG the Celebrity Dance Off is a must see! The Asian host had us laughing our butts off! I did check out After Midnight and it was just ok. The ship was really crowded so we had to wait a while for elevators and such but it wasn't bad enough to annoy us.The disembarkation process is horrible! It took almost 2 hours to get off the ship. The way NCL welcomes you back on board after coming from port is refreshing and comical but an excellent marketing strategy. They really go all out to make cruisers on other boats jealous. The ports were just ok, nothing I am in hurry to do again and none of them in my opinion had good beaches. We mainly utilized the pools at each port besides Costa Maya. We did the ruins there. (Honduras, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel) All in all I did enjoy myself and I would travel NCL again. Just not this boat.

Glad I was forced to go on here....

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by MrzDeeDee

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Inside Stateroom

All in all I did enjoy myself and I would travel NCL again. Just not this boat.
MrzDeeDee’s Full Rating Summary