Sea Princess Cruise Review

It was a maintenance cruise, charged at full price

Sea Princess Cruise Review by Spuds friend

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I chose this cruise because of the ports - Fiji, Hawaii and French Polynesia. Firstly Suva was quietly dropped off our schedule and the passengers informed at embarkation. The reason given, the ship had to travel slowly because of the maintenance. Sure we were given $100 fully refundable onboard credit. But I was very disappointed to miss this port.

At Pago Pago we were late docking because another Princess ship was in Port and Pago Pago only has 1 pilot and 1 tug. The reason for going to Pago Pago, so the entertainers could swap ships!

Hawaii Islands were great, the Captain tried to make up for some of our disappointments by taking us the wrong way around the big island of Hawaii (called Hawaii) so we could see the lava flow. I think all the passengers appreciated that gesture.

We were anchored off one of the Hawaiian islands when the generators went down, there was no power for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. In every port we had to put up with banging as the ongoing maintenance took place. The tenders had to sit out and wait in the ocean as they could not dock until the power came back on.

The food was OK, the fresh salads for lunch in the Horizon restaurant were very good. I did not try the one specialty restaurant but I did hear good and bad reports.

The cabin was comfortable but needed up dating, the linen was not a pure white it was cream, one sheet had hole in it. My cabin steward was a very pleasant young man always smiling always welcoming.

The dining room waiters were friendly and happy. In fact I could not fault any of the crew, everyone was helpful, obliging and friendly.

I did enjoy the cruise and the other passengers but certainly not Sea Princes which is very tired.

The rating I have given is for the ship not the ports, crew or other passengers, they get a 5 out of 5.

Would I sail with Princess again? Yes, but only if it is a reasonably new ship, not any of the older smaller ships.

Spuds friend's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BA B515

Ok, but needs a big overhaul.

Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour

Excellent experience

View All 134 Volcano National Park & Hilo Waterfall Tour Reviews
Pali Outlook

I always wanted to see the Pali Coast, great views loved it.

View All 17 Pali Outlook Reviews
Kauai

I didn't get off the ship because it was a tender ride and the sea was quite rough

Belvedere Lookout