We sailed Oceania 5 years ago and loved it. This time we felt something different. We found out that it was bought out by Norwegian Cruise Lines. That explains it all. When we entered the room we had to get housekeeping to come back and clean the room. The service was not consistent throughout the ship. There were some wonderful people, trying very hard to please us and there were some that were actually rude. Many times I got up to ask for water or coffee. In the main dining room, had to wait for tea, or dessert. Sometimes we were served our meals at different times. The specialty dining was good but the main dining room and the buffet food varied. The food lacked the consistency that it had before when everything was delicious. The shuttles at the port were not run well. Sometimes they only provided service every hour and if that shuttle was full, you had to wait for the next one. We took taxis from the ports. When I told someone on board the problems with late shuttles or shuttles not coming--they said it was the ports problem not theirs. Going from a dedicated Oceania customer who adored the trip 5 years ago, I will no longer travel or recommend Oceania cruises. I must say, however, that there were some lovely employees on board who tried their best but there were some that really needed to be retrained (or trained or let go). I also feel that they may have cut back on staff to save money. IT JUST WASN'T THE SAME. The buyout could be the explanation.

Not what it used to be

Shoko’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Nautica price drops

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin C1 4032
Cabin was small but adequate.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins