3. Carnival Ecstasy
This was the worst experience ever for my first cruise, which was an anniversary gift to ourselves.We were delayed in boarding the ship for over 4 hours and only received a mere $15.00 pp for our inconvenience.When we finally sat down for dinner and placed our order, my order was fumbled for I received raw steak when I specifically requested well done. Upon receiving my new steak,I was served cold side dishes with it,also at the same time, the Captain was calling for the safety procedures to be carried out, so all the wait staff had to participate along with the guests, so that meal was doubly ruined!!! First of all I considered this ship to be a TUGBOAT or place this ship in dry dock, due to the shape it was in,the outside of it has running rust stains,patch jobs that are visible to the naked eye around the windows and on the ship itself.The ship looks horrible!!!! The inside was even worse, my stateroom was horrendous!! upon opening the door, I could smell the must of the carpet, the room was dusty & dirty. The sink was stopped up, the room had flying gnats that bleed upon killing them and I did kill 1 fly. The sheet was changed only once, although the bed was made up everyday.The carpet floor was half vacuumed,for I did witness debris still left on the floor after a so called cleaning. I only reported the incident about the bugs to guest services, they claimed they checked it out and wrote a report. As far as I'm concerned nothing was really done for they did not have proof of my allegation about the bugs. I was told I should "not had thrown the smashed bugs away" Could you imagine?? I was livid, but I held my composure. As far as the dirty room, I wiped it down myself. Not only that,I felt My concerns were not of any significance and was not considered.I am really so disappointed with Carnival cruise lines in it's entirety. I will never use them again! I would like to be reimbursed, but I know I will not be!!!! THIS TRIP WAS LIKE A TERRIBLE NIGHTMARE!!! We tried to make the best of it, We drank and tried to participate in some on board activities, because after all this was our anniversary cruise!!! We did enjoy the music and the comedy shows and we made the best of and just made it work or our anniversary!!! As far as the port of calls to Nassau and free port, what a disaster, maybe carnival should change it, this place I consider a dump!! so in essence I HATED THIS TRIP ON CARNIVAL ECSTASY !!!!!!!! Upon my complaint to carnival cruise line , we did receive a 20% refund of our cruise fare only. I"m still not sure if I ever will cruise again, this was a terrible experience for my first time, this ship needs to be placed in a museum for artifacts!!!

Tugboat cruise!!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by mcke71

• Sail Date: January 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

THIS TRIP WAS LIKE A TERRIBLE NIGHTMARE!!!

this ship needs to be placed in a museum for artifacts!!!
mcke71’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B R149
smelly and moldy odor, cramped, dirty floor, dusty areas in room and on chairs.insects flying around, poor plumbing,(Which was repaired upon reporting.)
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins