3. MSC Splendida
I am from Maryland, USA and my wife and I wanted to celebrate our 25 year anniversary in style. You definitely want to get the upgraded suite, we were in room 12226 at rear of ship but on right side. Sun rises were excellent. The room was so large more than 200 SF! With a walk in closet bigger than ours at home. My wife Anita is so jeolous and wants a bigger closet now! LOL. There are people that like to take your spot inline, but in front of you, take your pool chair, etc. But if you stick up, speak up, and tell them no, they will back down. I had a guy butt up to the front of the line to see the host at the registration desk and I told him, that I had been waiting for over 10 minutes and to go to the back of the line. I had a guy steal my pool lounge chair while my wife and I walked around the ship for like 15 minutes. When I got back to my chair I noticed that my towel had been move over to my wife's chair and my chair was slid over to another group. I confronted the gentleman and he said he was sorry and was willing to give me back my chair but I just told him no thank you. Just stick to your guns and you will be fine. We loved the shows, The Vatican, all the churches, I spend $750 upfront on excursions for my wife and me, the first excursion was in Geno and it was the open bus one (it was terrible, the driver flew through the tour, the bus was old, the earpiece plugs into the bus and is not clear to hear, waste of money (But the Aquarium is a must! Unbelievable aquarium, (we have an aquarium in downtown Baltimore but this one has to be four times as large!) etc.. Definitely want to get the drink package, you can not afford not to! And buy it now. Do not wait to get the drink package, on the ship, they hit you up for 15% gratuity and people were trying to fill bottles with water from the dining room. Come on, people it cost money to go on vacation, spent and stop being so cheap!!! The food is not as good as Royal Caribbean. There is no assigned seating but there is assigned dining hall for your cabin and only two seating times available. So I suggest getting the Flex time package where you can go to dinner anytime between 7 PM and 10 PM. Also if you do not feel like eating at the restaurant hall, they only have one other location to eat at and that cost money called Tex Mex restaurant. It costs roughly $20 to $55 euros (for two people total) to get a decent meal there. Oh and the per deim per day per person for gratuity is added automatically to the bill but it is not $7 euros it is now $10 euros! As least for my room! The food was not spectacular. Wife and I got a tour of the spa and fitness center and we both got a free message with our package so I gave my wife both of them. The spa has spectacular views from the front of the ship on 15th floor. We got in the hot tub and it was crouded, the pool temperature on May 23rd 2017 was cool. Felt like 65 degrees. Wife and I do not have kids but the cruise did not have that many kids thank God.

Excellent, best cruise so far!

MSC Splendida Cruise Review by whaleboy12

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Suite – Aurea

whaleboy12’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Splendida price drops

Suite – Aurea
Cabin S3 12226
Unbelievable room 200+ square feet room, the walk-in closet is bigger and better than my own! Wife wants it! Water pressure is excellent! Sofa and work table with minibar- Do not touch the mini-bar!
De Chirico Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Marseille Tour
    It was an open bus tour of city, and the bus was old, earpiece plug did not get great reception keep cutting in and out. The bus flew through the tour and in less than 20 minutes your done. However the aquarium is excellent! Well worth it. You could walk from the ship to go to the aquarium on your own, but it is like a mile walk.
    View All 67 Marseille Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    New Air Conditioned bus, way way smart tour guide. She knew everything about all the history in all the buildings. Only problem was time restrictiion. Due to having to get back to port there was no time to get inside the Vatican. Church tours were rushed and lunch was served but had to keep moving to make the schedule work. Colloseum was unbelievable.
    View All 325 City Tour Reviews