3. Britannia
Chose this cruise ship as it is very new and seemed good value. Had an outside cabin but still not very sure how large people would cope as it was very cramped. The tap water in our cabin was apparently drinking water but tasted pretty awful , and upon speaking to reception were advised to boil it first. The bottled water P AND O sold was £1.65 per 500ml, I pay 17p at my local supermarket for the same so a total rip off. Had to buy and carry water at every port we stopped at about £ 1.25 FOR 5L. The staff apparently do not drink it. There was a tour of the bridge and engine room which would have lasted 30 mins but at a cost of £75 I thought was once again a total rip off. The food was mostly good but some tasted pre packed and cheap although the service was good. To sum up I would not consider another cruise but would prefer a nice hotel, much less hassle.

Price of drinking water

Britannia Cruise Review by kingspan

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Europe
Chose this cruise ship as it is very new and seemed good value.

kingspan’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin d342
Very clean and well maintained but far too small, balcony essential.