3. Celebrity Eclipse
Now don't get me wrong, we don't moan, and we aren't like some of the others you've read on reviews who seem to just want to whinge.... all we wanted was just a relaxing birthday 2 night weekender on our (previously) favourite ship which sadly turned into a bit of a disappointing farse. A relaxing drink after the long wait queuing for embarcation despite the promised Elite fast track check-in? I don't think so, as the introduction of a new (to us and most passengers anyway) " Standard" and extremely limited drinks package applied to everyone who thought they had the "Classic" resulted in total confusion and many many harsh words by passengers to the poor crew, who had been primed with the words 'well you can upgrade to the Classic or Premium for only £.... per day' If I only had a pound for every time I heard that in just 2 days! The absolutely obvious 'go-slow and staff cutting' in the bars resulted in many passengers giving up in exasperation after waiting 20 -yes-20 minutes for service, my wife and I counted 9 people at the bar, plaintively holding out their sea-pass cards to the one barman who was running around ineffectively, as table service was non existent. A relaxing meal in the Tuscan Grille Speciality Restaurant? No chance!. The very poor and unbelievably partly inedible meal, with one of our steaks totally wrong and both overcooked...... we paid extra for THIS!!! And so we come finally to the disembarkation debacle, in which we stood queuing the length of the ship both sides, for an hour, to be finally about turned and frogmarched down 3 flights of stairs carrying our luggage to join a different queue! So very very sad Celebrity...... 5*? sorry, but more like 2* Disaster, and a great pity for the fist timers on this "Taster Cruise", they won't be back!

Cutting corners to cut costs. 5* ???

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by gadgetgray

If I only had a pound for every time I heard that in just 2 days!

A relaxing meal in the Tuscan Grille Speciality Restaurant?

So very very sad Celebrity...... 5*? sorry, but more like 2*

gadgetgray’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1B 8238
Clean and tidy as expected, and as always. TV remote sellotaped up and didn't work was the only tiny inconvenience.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins